a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Owner's gallery?

Started by K3v1n, August 14, 2005, 12:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K3v1n

How do you start your owner's gallery?  :?

Thanks,
1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

JERSEY SHORE TRAILER SAILERS

Gil Weiss

Did you log in on the Image Gallery side of this site? Once logged in try clicking on the upload button and see where that takes you . . .

K3v1n

Yeah, I tried that and it comes up...

Your image will be validated once it has been reviewed.

Not sure what that means. I see others have their own sub-cat's under their names, I'd like to do that.
1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

Gil Weiss

I don't have any other ideas, but I am sure that someone will provide you the information. (I never tried it myself)

crbakdesign

To my knowledge only CaptK, (Who set up this site)  will be able set you up with an owner's page, and hopefully he will check in from his boat restoration project soon.

CB

B.Hart

I tried to make a owners page and got the same message.

crbakdesign

Yup,   We're working on that.

Let you know as soon as we can fix that.  In the meantime, feel free to post your images in the other categories.  Once one of us gets access to the image tools, we'll move  you over.

CB

K3v1n

1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

crbakdesign

This was one of the features set up and controlled by the web master, CaptK formerly the skipper of the "Epiphany" a Com-pac 23 based in South Carolina.  He purchased a new (old) boat and planned on refurbishing it and sailing abroad and had asked for volunteers among the owners to keep the site going.  We were given access to some administrative tasks, but that wasn't one of them.  I'm in the process of trying to contact CaptK concerning a few issues and hopefully we can get you squared away shortly.

K3v1n

Great!
Thanks a bunch.  :D
1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

multimedia_smith

Hi CaptK,
I have been having trouble logging in to upload a pic to my "owners Page"
for Sweet Little 16...
When I try to log in... I get a message that a bad script is about to slow my computer to a crash and then it asks if I want to terminate it...
I know you took off a while for Easter... are you doing a circumnavigation?  If so, be careful and have a lot of fun... if not, perhaps you can help me with the image gallery section.
Thanks in advance...
Dale Smith

crbakdesign

Hi Dale,

Actually CaptK has been burning the mid-night ship's oil working to set things right on our site.  We've had a series of unfortunate events affect our image gallery, and then the Forum.  The forum is running with a few errors popping up and we still have the site based bugs in the image gallery.  

CaptK is working on moving things to a better software platform - see www.sailfar.net.  (A great website by the way).  Hopefully a lot of this will be fixed shortly.  

You can load your image in the gallery anyway. When you get that script message, stop the script and then proceed.  You'll notice some extraneous links posted around each page. Just ignore them. These are the result of some juvenile mind having fun with some volnerabilities in PHP.  This should be fixed soon.

Anonymous

Hi, and thanks for getting back so soon...
Nice to know that it's not a glitch with my computer.  I tried to close the script like you recommended, but I still couldn't even log on.  That's been the problem so far... not getting past the log on part.  Perhaps you could email my usertname and password just in case I'm not using the correct one... my compac group email is multimedia_smith@yahoo.com.
I'd like to see some pics of CaptK's Pearson project!
Thanks
Dale

crbakdesign

Dale,

I sent you a PM addressing your problem logging on in the gallery.   Let me know if that fixes it.:D

Anonymous

YES! It worked like a charm... still had the "script" messages to get through, but was able to log on and upload fine.

Thanks!

:D