a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

clr august

Started by kickingbug1, April 15, 2012, 09:18:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

We have been down for a bit here..... Wife hurt her knee. Doing Zumba and bam to the floor she went.
Now she keeps the window open staring out and probably watching the trees flow about knowing that today was a good sailing day.

The 41 ft Hunter went out today, I am sure I could have hitched a ride if I did have to go to ENT doctor for my ears.... but hey, I did put in to have the CLR time off, got that,  and we have a air conditioner sitting in the living room for that occasion that I need to make a hatch for. (we are 2.5 miles from the marina...... but we plan to camp in the boat with the dogs, this ought to be fun. :)  )

Does everyone stay on their boats? or go to hotel?  what exactly happens during this time?

Former Harbor Master/Boat Tech, Certified in West System, Interlux, and Harken products.
Worked on ALL aspects of the sailboat, 17 years experience.
"I wanted freedom, open air and adventure. I found it on the sea."
-Alaine Gerbault.

Greene

Sorry to hear about the injury.  Heal up fast and get back out sailing.

Brenda and I stay on our boat and I believe Tool Man (and Mrs. Tool Man) stayed on their Eclipse.  The rest of the folks stayed across the street at the motel or at their nearby home.  Two years ago we rented a cottage for a week at Hazlett State Park.  Really nice, but a bit expensive.

It is a blast to have all the boats in the marina.  We sail during the day and socialize in the evenings on the docks.  Bring a lawn chair and some refreshments.  Kick and his much better half go out of their way to make the outing a fun event.  Everything is kept low key and informal which is right up my alley.

Com-Pacs everywhere

Crazy Carl followed by Cal and Merry

Marina

Yes this was during the "race"
Still one of my favorite sailing pictures.
Mike
'84 CP-16 (sold) - '88 CP-19II (sold) - '88 Com-Pac 23/3 (sold)
http://s613.photobucket.com/albums/tt211/greene2108/

"I'm just one bad decision away from a really good time."

http://wrinklesinoursails.blogspot.com

kickingbug1

to all those who are thinking about attending this years carlyle lake rendezvous in august, make sure you make your hotel reservations soon and reserve your slip at west access marina. sarah and i will need a headcount for the meet and greet at the winery on friday night and for the dinner we put together on saturday night at the west access marina clubhouse. i think previous posts have the particulars---any questions ---just ask.
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

Greene

Fond memories of CLRs past.

Sarah using Kickingbug as trolling bait. 

Mike and B

Salty19

And a couple of more...

"Island Time" 1998 Com-pac 19XL # 603

Toolman

Quote from: kickingbug1 on June 20, 2012, 04:42:55 PM
    to all those who are thinking about attending this years carlyle lake rendezvous in august, make sure you make your hotel reservations soon and reserve your slip at west access marina. sarah and i will need a headcount for the meet and greet at the winery on friday night and for the dinner we put together on saturday night at the west access marina clubhouse. i think previous posts have the particulars---any questions ---just ask.
Hey Kick!  Debbie and I are HOPING to get down for the Rendesvous.  We haven't been out yet, but hopefully  that'll be remedied soon... this working for a living is rather inconvenient!  Will call for a slip soon!  Regards to Sarah... Luke "Tool Man"
Com-Pac Eclipse, "Knot Fast"

kickingbug1

just a note for those thinking of coming to the clr. luke (alias toolman) and his wife debbie are a "hoot" , which i guess holds true for the rest of our past clr sailors. those who have attended the past rendezvous have enriched our lives and our sailing experience. rich,john,mike and brenda,cal and merry,mike and becky, carl and joanie, noble and jane and doug and linda have made august very special. to the new attendees, the people make the event and these people are in my book the best.  wind water and a lot of laughs are in store.
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

Lafayette Bruce

I made my slip reservation yesterday.  Peapod and I should be there Friday morning before the wind kicks up.
Lafayette Bruce
CP19II
Lafayette Bruce

crazycarl

hey steve

i won't know until 2 weeks before if i can get the time off, but i WILL be there for the weekend. 

crazy (but not certifiable) carl
Oriental, "The Sailing Capitol of North Carolina".

1985 Compac 19/II  "Miss Adventure"
1986 Seidelmann 295  "Sur La Mer"

sailen69

WOW! The time flies when you stay busy.  CLR again!  I just hope my boat will fly around the race course.  Any race handicap points for sailing single handed?  Single handed, one hand on the tiller and one hand on a brandy slushy.  I have been off the sight for a bit but that just means lots of good reading to catch up on.  I just made my reservations at the Mariner's Village.  I have been to Lake Carlyle before and it is a nice lake, facilities, ramps, and the company too.

Greene

Glad to hear you will be there again. 

Handicap the race!  No chance buddy, you can already sail circles around us.  We will agree to hold at least one brandy slush in our hands as well if that helps. 

See ya soon.

Mike and B

Tadpole

Greene,

Thanks for the information.  I need to juggle some other travel plans, but if at all possible, I'll be there.  I've been waiting for 3 years to finally sail a C-16...I sure don't want to miss this opportunity.  I can probably confirm within the next 10 days.

Tadpole