a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Rigging info for the CP-16?

Started by rdwalker, September 23, 2011, 08:41:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rdwalker

Quote from: JBC on September 26, 2011, 10:07:32 PM...
Chances are, that pole is a whisker pole...

Aha, that makes sense. Thanks for the great info!

skip1930

Looks like a spinnaker pole to me. Snaps at each end with lanyard for activation.

skip.

rdwalker

Quote from: skip1930 on September 27, 2011, 07:21:21 AM...  spinnaker pole ...  skip.

Could be, too. In any case, no spinnaker in my inventory (yet?).

Just heading out to the Motor Vehicles office. Hopefully I'll be able to straighten out the paperwork - if so, I may even launch this weekend. Wish me luck.

Robert.

Billy

1983 Com-Pac 19 I hull number 35 -no name-

JBC

Robert,

Looked more carefully at your photo of the pole after noting Skip's comment, and agree with him: it's a spinnaker pole. 

Good luck on getting your boat on the water soon.

Jett

rdwalker

Quote from: Billy on September 27, 2011, 09:40:00 AM
what kind of luck????

Luck getting the paperwork done.  Did not have it.

Too may discrepancies detected by the Motor Vehicle Agency today - will need additional documentation. Oh, well...

skip1930

Can the Com-Pac be re~titled as a salvaged boat? Tell the DMV that you had the hull pulled from the bottom.
I guess that is possible. Better yet apply for a lost title [ registration, same thing ] . What ever this is going to turn into a fight!

Like when I built a Dune Buggy in Illinois...several different dead VW's. Since I built it, the judge said I was the manufacture and ordered the DMV to issue a Illinois title. The DMV sent me an embossed plastic sticky strip with the new title number on it that I had to epoxy to the firewall above the foot pedals. That was a year long fight.

skip. P.S. You guys want to hear something? We are to build a new terminal building [ $777,000 ] at the aeroport I work at seasonally. The contractor can't start because so much Federal money is involved that the contractor has to have X amount of minorities [ read blacks and women ] in order to cash the Fed check. He ran ads for minority help...nobody came forth. The contractor must document his effort to fill the requirement.  Trouble is..." ain't no minorities up here in Sturgeon Bay. What a crock and a delay is expected and plan on starting late...don't these idiots know it snows up 'Nort?

rdwalker

Quote from: skip1930 on September 28, 2011, 07:27:22 AM... Tell the DMV that you had the hull pulled from the bottom...

No, it's not that bad. It's just that the owner is deceased and the transaction is across state lines - a lot of paperwork is required to assure that everything is legal.  Normal stuff.  It all should be resolved in due time.

By the way, this was food for thought for me - may be for all you guys here as well.
Like the sellers of the boat, some of our own vehicles are registered in my name, some in my wife's - not in both names. This means that in case of death of either, the survivor cannot transfer ownership to a third party without court paperwork. I will research if having both names on titles makes it easier in such case. Something I did not think about when younger...