a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

CP 19 rudder - free to a good home

Started by wes, July 31, 2011, 06:55:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wes

Hey 19ers - Bella's previous owner removed and saved the stock rudder when he upgraded to a foil rudder (bless him for that upgrade). Lots of miles on it, some pitting, but structurally sound. Might be useful for someone considering a homebrew foil rudder project. I need to get it out of my house. Free to a good home. Pick it up in Durham NC or you can pay for UPS shipping (warning; it's heavy). Send me a personal message if you're interested.

- Wes
"Sophie", 1988 CP 27/2 #74
"Bella", 1988 CP 19/3 #453
Bath, North Carolina

Salty19

Good Karma to you for offering this up.  Surprised no one is jumping on it to make a foiled rudder.
"Island Time" 1998 Com-pac 19XL # 603

Bob23

Hey Wes:
   What is the length of the blade? And do you have a rough idea of the shipping costs?
Bob23

skip1930

I band sawed cut my old blade up for other projects. Have to use a block of wax to cool the blade, otherwise the aluminum fuses back to get her behind the blade.

But tape the edges and slap a label on it and UPS will ship it. Somewhere I think I weighed one once and if memory serves it's either 16 or 33 lb? I can't remember sorry. Ahhh Ha!! 15 lb. thanx.

skip.

wes

Bob23 - dimensions approx. 37" long x 12" wide, weighs 15 pounds plus whatever cardboard shipping materials I cobble together. UPS will probably add the dreaded over-size premium too. I had an inquiry from another member via PM a few days ago and will have to give him first crack if he follows through. I'm going to get the estimated UPS charges for him tomorrow. Will post status in a day or two. If you are interested let me know and I'll put you #2 on the list.

- Wes
"Sophie", 1988 CP 27/2 #74
"Bella", 1988 CP 19/3 #453
Bath, North Carolina

DOUG142

Thanks Wes,
Check is in the mail.  Yes, it is going to a good home to be made into a foiled rudder.

Color to be determined.

Thanks again
Doug
Sweet Dreams, CP-19
CP-16 SUMMER ESCAPE, YEAR 1983(SOLD), 1975 SCORPION (fOR sALE), 1983 COM-PAC 19 SWEET DREAMS
http://s895.photobucket.com/albums/ac156/DOUGN6885/SWEET%20DREAMS%20%20COMPAC%2019/