News:

Howdy, Com-Pac'ers!
Hope you'll find the Forum to be both a good resource and
a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

The adventures of Adagio - A tempo having slow movement; restful at ease.

Started by jthatcher, May 09, 2011, 09:13:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanF

"Any other members  of the forum out there along the coast of Maine?"

Hi there JT.  Was just surfing the forum for the first time in ages and happened to see your posts about relocating to Maine.  We sail our  CP23 out of Falmouth and typically up as far as PenBay or so at some point each summer.  We were up in the Sheepscot a few weeks back so not far from you.  Maybe we'll bump into each other next summer.  I'm sure you're picking up all the advice you need working at Robinhood but feel free to drop a line if you want my opinions on the Maine coast : )  -Dan

jthatcher

One of the best things about working at a marina is the new folks whom one meets.  This summer a young couple who happen to have a popular sailing channel called Project Atticus are staying at the marina.  We recently watched this video which features some of our local characters.  What we did not expect to see was our compac 23 shown motoring down Robin hood Cove, but, sure enough..for a few brief seconds,   at around 18:30 , that is Janet. and me returning from a trip to Boothbay :)  https://youtu.be/_cOy014NHsQ

crazycarl

Nice!  I played it at 1/2 speed to give you more "air time".   ;)
Oriental, "The Sailing Capitol of North Carolina".

1985 Compac 19/II  "Miss Adventure"
1986 Seidelmann 295  "Sur La Mer"

Seachelle

Hello! Absolutely, pure gold, here! :) I've just come across this thread in my attempt to learn more about the Com-pac 23 — I haven't read through all of your posts yet (and others' contributions as well), but I am so looking forward to catching up on the past — what is, now — 10 years since you started this thread? Wow, that is cool!!! I think you started this thread back in 2011, but I'd have to click the 'back' icon to make sure I'm correct on that. ;-) Anyhow, I love reading about others sailing adventures, and I am super-excited to read about your travels with Adagio!

Happy Sails,
~ Chelle aka 'Seachelle' & SV Sunflower (Sunny)
https://sailawaywithchelle.wordpress.com/