Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

1983 Com-Pac 23, Help a newbie

Started by stickbreaker, May 08, 2011, 09:28:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skip1930

B.O.A.T. = Break out another thousand

Ain't nothing inexpensive. Not with all the additional dollars printed and pumped into the markets.
That just diluted the whole money supply, making every dollar you have less valuable.

Hamburger up 300% since last Memorial Day. Aren't any hamburger speculators.

skip.

jthatcher

hi Ken,
   i agree, the cushions are on the pricey side, but, while the prices of used boats have become reasonable in recent years, the related marine items are just as expensive as always -  I think that you and I and others who have recently made the commitment of owning a boat are in for a period of sticker shock as we gear up for the boating season..   keeping it simple is going to be the rule of thumb in our household - I think that we can manage that with the cp 23..   in some ways, i would have enjoyed a bigger boat, but with every additional foot both the volume of the boat and the related expenses increase exponentially !     so -  we are going to be content with Adagio, and use it as often as possible..  and love being on the water.

as for the weather...   it has been awful, hasn't  it?   i sure hope that we are not stuck with this weather pattern for the next couple of months.    are you keeping your boat in the water?   we are 3 hours away from the marina so that is a bit tricky, but i am sure that we will use the boat more than if we had it on a trailer..    how did that stepping of the mast go?  did you have lots of help?    I think that we will have to tackle that job at some point, but for now, i will ask the guys at the marina to handle it..  jt

stickbreaker

Boats in the water. The mast went up pretty easy and yes I had lots of help. Looking forward to taking it out for the first time on Saturday. Forecast looks like rain. :(
No problem, Rain has to stop at some point. I'm sorry but It's hard to believe a couple of slabs of foam could cost a grand. that's all I'm trying to say. I can buy 
a yoga mat for 20 bucks.  where's the competition? 

skip1930

Today is Friday of Memorial Day Weekend, BUT yesterday it was a rainy grey day with a North wind and a wind chill of 35 deg, F.
Geeeeeee is it ever going to warm up?

skip. Computer took a dump and now I can't change color of font.
And I have a window that won't go away so I can't see the entire post...bummed out. I hate MSN.