Life is good...

USMCR O-5

Retired USMC
Retired NYPD
Florida RE/MAX Realtor
Life is good...

brackish

Trying to post a pic?

hit the "direct link" under the picture and note that you get a "copied" indication.

In your post, hit the "Img" button, (second from the left, bottom row)

when the double IMG comes up in your posting with the cursor blinking between them, hit paste.

Should show as a picture when you do a preview.

Semper Fi

USMCR O-5

I've started a new thread, call "Restoration of Seute Deern" which has before and after pics.
Retired USMC
Retired NYPD
Florida RE/MAX Realtor
Life is good...

SpeakEasy

I have launched a winter project of making new hatch boards. The previous owner made new ones, but either used the wrong wood or the wrong type of finish, because they delaminated in the first year. What I'm doing is using high-quality plywood (okoume), two coats of e-poxy (West Systems - resin #105 and  hardener #207), and three coats of Helmsman urethane. I have to laugh to read of the price of replacements from the factory, because I've invested almost that much money in the wood and finishes! Still, it's a fun project. I'll post pics when I finish.

-Speak

SpeakEasy

Things are progressing nicely. I have the two coats of e-poxy and two of the three coats of poly on now. I'm steel-wooling between coats. They feel like plastic, but look like wood. Nice.

-Speak

Bob23

Speak:
   Ditch the steel wool and go with either bronze wool or a Scotchbrite pad. You could get small bits of steel wool in thar which will rust. Don't ask how I know this.
   When you look at the beautiful finished product, you'll be glad you spent the money and time. We'll be looking forward to the photos!
Bob23

SpeakEasy

Quote from: Bob23 on January 16, 2011, 08:50:48 PM
Speak:
    You could get small bits of steel wool in thar which will rust.
Bob23

Good Grief! You're right! I can see small specks in the finish! ARGH! I'll have to get them out of there!

Thanks for the heads-up!

-Speak

Bob23

No problemo...I've been there. Scotchbrite pads work great. I steal 'em from the wifes dishwashing stuff. Hah! I ain't been caught yet!!!
Bob23

Greene

Oh Bob you gullible sailor.  They are always aware of everything we do.  They just pretend not to see and look the other way while they snicker at our innocent foolishness.  They hear, see and guess anything and everything we do.  Heck, I believe they know what we are thinking before we even think it.  You've been caught, just not punished.

Mike
'84 CP-16 (sold) - '88 CP-19II (sold) - '88 Com-Pac 23/3 (sold)
http://s613.photobucket.com/albums/tt211/greene2108/

"I'm just one bad decision away from a really good time."

http://wrinklesinoursails.blogspot.com

Bob23

Mike:
Well, thanks a lot! You couldn't have just let me live in my "innocent foolishness" could you? And all this time I thought I was getting away with something. It sounds like you are speaking from experience!
Bob23