a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Picture Problem

Started by David, October 11, 2010, 10:18:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

I need a 5 year old to teach me how to post a picture.  I have tried Skips format w/o luck.  Have copied and tried pasting out of My Pictures Program.  I can get a link to post, but for the life of me no picture.  Used test part of site.  Removed most of the tests.

Help would be greatly appreciated, and please explain so that those of us over 60 can understand.

David

brackish

Try it again and leave it in there so we can see how it shows up in a post

David

Above is what I get when I try to copy Direct Link from photobucket and use the "Insert Image" link. 
I cannot get anything out of My Pictures at all.

Thanks

Billy

don't copy the link.
copy and then paste "IMG code" right into your post. This is located on the left side of the screen, it's the last one under "share this image"
1983 Com-Pac 19 I hull number 35 -no name-

brackish

When I insert an image from photobucket, I highlight the particular photo and hit the direct link tab.  I get a momentary indication in yellow in front of the tab that the link is copied.  Then I go to my post in this forum and hit the insert image button.  You have to make sure you leave the blinking cursor between the two IMG's that are bracketed,  if you move it it won't work.   Then I hit paste and in my draft post it just shows the URL for the link between the two bracketed img's, but when you hit preview or post it shows up as a picture.  

Greg (Kchunk) used to have a video up on the site that shows how to do it, but the link to the video no longer connects.

David

Well, after over an hour I finally got a picture to post.  I just copied the image code, placed the cursor on the page and hit the paste; Ctrl and V keys.  I tried to get a post between the image []l[] brackets to no avail.  It may be this computer.  Do you'll,(Southerner here), see 8 of the buttons above with red X's in them?  I also see these red X's on the Reply, Modify.and Reply with Quote buttons for the posting. 

Thanks for all the help.  I would much rather be sanding gelcoat/fiberglass by hand than fighting this machine of modern communication.  It is very nice when it works, but when it doesn't, well enough said.   Picture below. 
Interested if you can just place the cursor and paste like I did without having to use the insert image button.

Thanks to all.
David

Greene

I don't use the "Insert" buttons or any others from the menu in the CPYOA site.

Step 1: I just go to my picture and highlight  the entire IMG string (including the [img] at both ends) and hit CONTROL C

Step 2:  Go to my post and hit CONTROL V

Then I just repeat until someone tells me I am too far off topic.

So simple even a BOB can do it.  Well, that might be pushing it, but pretty simple anyway.
'84 CP-16 (sold) - '88 CP-19II (sold) - '88 Com-Pac 23/3 (sold)
http://s613.photobucket.com/albums/tt211/greene2108/

"I'm just one bad decision away from a really good time."

http://wrinklesinoursails.blogspot.com

Billy

just like Greene said.

and I get the red Xs too.
1983 Com-Pac 19 I hull number 35 -no name-

Tim Gardner

Here's an image I just uploaded to Photobucket ( had a problem trying to post it before).

Hey Greene,   How's the poly-glow look this year? (thread drift , alas)

TG
Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.

Greene

Quote from: Tim Gardner on October 12, 2010, 10:13:07 PM
Hey Greene,   How's the poly-glow look this year? (thread drift , alas)

TG

We sold our CP16 this spring when we purchased the CP19.  (Do you smell a 23...25...27...)  The Poli-Glo looked about the same as when I applied it.  You are supposed to re-apply one coat each year to freshen it up, but as good as it looked I don't think I would have.   

Sure miss that pretty blue hull.
Mike
'84 CP-16 (sold) - '88 CP-19II (sold) - '88 Com-Pac 23/3 (sold)
http://s613.photobucket.com/albums/tt211/greene2108/

"I'm just one bad decision away from a really good time."

http://wrinklesinoursails.blogspot.com

Doc Carter

Quote from: Tim Gardner on October 12, 2010, 10:13:07 PM
Here's an image I just uploaded to Photobucket ( had a problem trying to post it before).

Nice spinnaker!

Tim Gardner

Thanks.  It was a gift from a friend who used to own a Catalina 22.  He moved here from FL a few years ago (without his boat) and asked me if I wanted it!

I, of course jumped at the offer!

TG
Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.