News:

Howdy, Com-Pac'ers!
Hope you'll find the Forum to be both a good resource and
a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Battery BCI group for C-P 27 Universal 12.

Started by thedavo, March 20, 2005, 06:21:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thedavo

What BCI battery group were supplied from the factory? The owner of the boat I am looking at says he thinks they are BCI group 27 but it sure looks awfully tight to get them in there. I measured what appeared to be about 23.5 inches to fit two batteries in there. But all the group 27s are at least 12 inches long making them just a little too large.  I am thinking that maybe they are BCI group 24. What say you? thanks. Dave.

Steve W.

I do not know what size I have but know that two 27 will not fit. I have a small starter battery (read car battery), and Ithink that I have an group 27. I will try to look tonight and let you know.

thedavo

Thanks a bunch for checking Steve! I have done a little windsurfing up on Boulder Reservoir, but where do you go to sail a C-P 27 up there? I have never been able to explore the Denver area enough to see large enough lakes or reservoirs, but am guessing that the Cherry Creek area is where you go? Or, maybe up to Dillon? Curious minds want to know. Dave.

Steve W.

I could not find size on the battery I have in the boat.
We will have the boat sliped at Chatfield Rev this year, west and a little south of Cherry Creek Rev.