a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Replacement hatches for '88 27/2

Started by thedavo, March 12, 2005, 07:56:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thedavo

I am considering a purchase of a 1988 27/2 and one of the issues that the boat needs addressing is deck hatch replacement. both of them. Is there a source for the original Bomar hatches or is the current thinking to upgrade to whatever is in production by Bomar now? Thanks. Dave.

Alec Hart

Dave - did you ever get this boat?  I thought I had posted a reply recommending plexiglass repair over full hatch replacement...  Let me know if this is still a concern - we can get together and look at that backstay and I can tell you about my hatch replacement.

thedavo

Good to hear from you Alec! Yes, I have the boat. No, haven't done anything about the hatches yet (been taking her out weekly since launching her in the beginning of January).  and yes! would look forward to meeting you and show you the backstay arrangement I came up with and generally shoot the breeze about the boats. I typically get home around two in the afternoon and unless something comes up, I am easy to catch at home. We get tons of phone solicitors so we generally dont answer the phone unless we recognize the number. With that said, if I'm not around, it is important to leave a message so the people I live with are aware that i know you and they will remember to pick up the next time you may call. My number here is 573-4663. Feel free to ring me up anytime. Look forward to meeting you. Dave.

Alec Hart

I'll give you a call - I'm just down the Street, so I'll knock off a bit early someday and come check out the back stay.  Wish I could say I was getting as much use out of mine as it sounds like you are.  I work too much : - (  
... and we're hauling her next week for a bottom job...
(B.O.A.T. = Bring Out Another Thousand)

thedavo

Hey Alec, glad to hear back from you. I remember  you saying  you worked on the corner of Everest and Del Prado. So,  you must be a pretty good Bingo player if you can make a living at it! Haha, just kidding of course. I'm guessing that you are into construction (First Homes) or engineering maybe (Our neighbor Eric works there). Thought I would slip you our address. Your welcome to come by anytime that suits you. Its the last street to the right going down Everest.  When you make that turn you are on 26th something-aruther but, as the shoreline bends around it becomes SE 28th Street. We are at 2437 SE 28th Street on the poor side (non-river side).  Hauling out next weekend huh? My sweetie and I are going out for our first overnighter. Hopefully make it up to Roosevelt Channel (where 'Tween Waters is) or maybe as far as Pelican Bay up by Cayo Costa. All depends on the direction of the wind. Just gonna go whichever way the wind blows. Just as cruising should be. Catch you soon. Dave.

Alec Hart

yeah - moved here from Vegas and am earning my keep in the Bingo Hall : o )  Actually - you were right - engineering - honest work, and plenty of it!  I called and left my cell phone number for you - and will stop over some evening.  Have fun on your "mini-cruise"  the 27 is so well thought out - you'll have a very comfortable time.  Enjoy.  Looking forward to talking to you.