a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

mentoring

Started by revdeb, April 25, 2010, 08:46:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

revdeb

I am a new Compac owner looing for some mentoring in the eastern massachusetts or more precisely Falmouth  area. Looking for someone to show me how my new-to-me  compac 16 works. Know anyone who might be Interested?
DPL

Craig Weis

If I was closer I'd be happy to sail with you. You are to be commended for asking.

That is exactly how Gerry who is the Captain of Peanut Butter gave me my first ride in a CP-19.
On that first day the waves were so high I could not see over them when we and the CP-19 was in the trough.
It was fun. It was scary. It was magic.

That's me sailing on the head sail only. Sorry about the winch handle. Should NEVER leave it in the winch. Note the coated anchor chain. It stay's put! Not slopping over the side pulling the 3 strand anchor line with it and causing all kinds of concern. Head sheet is on the outside of everything. Same if it was a spinnaker sheet.

Three Amego's Lunch time at Green Island on the way over to Marionette Menominee for a three day outing.
And on the wall at M-M.

skip.

Denis

I consider myself a beginner, but would love to show you around a Com-Pac 16.  I have just recently sold mine and I might be able to help with the first sail, launch ect.
Personally, I like to have 8 to 12 knots and 2 to 4 foot seas, but the ocean has more consistent winds  than the lakes, and I stay just away from real bad weather.
I'm sure we can both find a time to connect when you are ready. My vehicle is still set to tow if that would be of help.
Denis

revdeb

Thanks Skip and Denis...someday we may figure out how to get together and sail.  Thanks for your advice.

In the interest of full disclosure, I should say to Skip and others, I bought Denis' boat Shoshin, a good looker, well tended and thoughtfully equipped. I look forward to my first if tentative sail on Shoshin this weekend, weather and crew obliging.

Bob23

Rev:
   Welcome and enjoy your first sail! Here in NJ the weather forecast is for nice weather...hope it's good for yoy too! Let us know how the maiden voyage goes.
Bob23

curtisv

Quote from: revdeb on April 25, 2010, 08:46:57 PM
I am a new Compac owner looing for some mentoring in the eastern massachusetts or more precisely Falmouth  area. Looking for someone to show me how my new-to-me  compac 16 works. Know anyone who might be Interested?
DPL

DPL,

Sorry for taking so long to respond but haven't read this forum for 2-3 weeks.  Got real busy first with work, then home projects.  Still have a backlog of home projects.

Maybe we can get together if you'd like someone to sail with.  I'm in Orleans so not far away.  I've sailed a CP-23 for not quite 10 years.  It would be nice for me to sail her little sister ship.  Do you trailer or have a mooring?  If you trailer and want to sail on Pleasant Bay or Town Cove Orleans, that would certainly be convenient for me.  I can help you launch and sail and if you like you can borrow my mooring for a few days until I launch (harbormastor allows no more than 1 week on a borrowed mooring).  I know of some other guest moorings you might be able to use.  If trailering to Orleans doesn't work for you maybe we can work somethiing out but I'd rather not drive to Falmouth after tourist season gets underway.

Staring in two weeks (Memorial Day weekend) it won't be fun driving on Cape on a Saturday.  If we do anything it might be best to do so next weekend.  I'll send you my phone number in an email.

Curtis
----------------------------------
Remote Access  CP23/3 #629
Orleans (Cape Cod) MA
http://localweb.occnc.com/remote-access

bauerg

I just bought a 16 and my wife and I are in NE Michigan looking for someone to show us around it. We are about an hour south of Alpena and can put in  in Hubbard Lk. or Lake Huron.  Any takers? Call 517 927 2660 .