Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

CP-23 Com-Pac project on e-Bay

Started by Greene, January 24, 2010, 02:23:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob23

Brack:
   Good point about Lady K. Maybe she would like the company? In any event, maybe it's best not to temp her...I depend on her when I'm out on the water. Heck, she's one of the only females in this world that would put up with me, let alone make me look good- not an easy feat!
Newt:
   Correction: Two boats ain't too much. Counting the Force 5, the Alden Ocean Shell and the tender, I have 4. Or 5, depending on how I count.
  Now, two women, well that's way too much! I can barely handle one!
All:
  The worse thing is, I have a friend who would let me keep the 23 on his property and, given enough Tequila, would swear to secrecy! Why, he'd even help me fix her up!
Bob23- the crazy captain!   

brackish

Quote from: wordnut on January 26, 2010, 04:40:12 PM

Brackish, that's awesome. Not sure whether to be more impressed that you can build such a boat or that you might actually go scalloping.

They say these composites are easy to build.  Time will tell.  Mine will have a flat foredeck and tiller steer, better for the intended purpose.
"Might" go scalloping?  I've been dragging them out of the St. Joe Bay 39 of 41 years.  The only time I missed was when hurricanes were coming through.

Quote from: Bob23 on January 26, 2010, 07:06:08 PM
The worse thing is, I have a friend who would let me keep the 23 on his property and, given enough Tequila, would swear to secrecy! Why, he'd even help me fix her up!
Bob23- the crazy captain!   

The "where" is currently my problem.  I have 3/4 acre lot, but a couple of years ago a few self proclaimed, self elected, arbiters of conduct, taste, and value managed to get a covenant passed disallowing trailered boats on the properties.  Rather than fighting it legally, I'm planning to move to the country.

newt

We ought to start a club- owners of multiple boat anonymous...I'll start. Hi my name is Mark, and I love to fix up old boats....

Bob23

Brack:
   Yeah, they tried to do that here in NJ. I live in Ocean County so someone eventually saw the futility of trying to prevent trailered boats in "Ocean County" ...they gave up. Of course, there are trailered boats and then there are trailered Compacs. A thing of beauty, even when on a trailer!
Bob23
(ps: I forgot...I also have 2 Sunfish sailboats.) I don't have a problem, do I?

mrb

Aha! And they say we are a free country and need to fight to keep the rest of the world free.