Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Rumble seat on a 19

Started by Tim Gardner, November 23, 2009, 08:47:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim Gardner

http://www.ipass.net/sailboat/19rumble.jpg

Check out this link for a rumble seat (instead of catbird seats) on a 19.  I'd have to move all movable ballast forward , but it sure looks like it would be a nice addition to My boat.

TG

'85 CP-19II NVSBH
Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.

Craig Weis

have a rumble seat on the 1930 "A" but...
Not on my boat. I'm a lard butt!!
Really do I want to hang out over the transom?
Risking falling overboard?
Nope. Not me. I'd rather be snug as a bug in a rug within the cockpit and safety lines.
Just me.
Above you said, "That company also converts Com-pacs into trawlers-and man do they look good!" I suspect that the trawler modification looks good because of the amount of shear, high bow, low stern and lower midships, typical of Com Pacs.
skip.

Salty19

I saw that link a few months back.  There was another picture out there with a skipper aboard. He looked crowded in the middle of the mainsheet lines!  They should have converted to mid-boom sheeting.  That company also converts Com-pacs into trawlers-and man do they look good!

I have some reservations as skip mentions about hanging off the back like that.  As you know my new 19 has stern rail seats however it looks like there may be more protection in the form of a cross bar on the rails vs. a rumble seat.  Plus I can be on the windward side to balance things. Suspect I'll only use the stern rail seats on either a calm day or when we have several couples aboard to make space (also assuming a calm day).  I guess I won't really know until May 1 launch date.

"Island Time" 1998 Com-pac 19XL # 603