a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Electric power for 23/3

Started by ka8uet, May 26, 2009, 07:22:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ka8uet

I also only put the motor on once per season.  However, up here in the (sometimes) freezing north, it spends the winter on a wheeled stand in the basement.  It was taken from there, stand and all.  They also took my bike.  Now I'm trying to fit the cost of a replacement into the budget.  House insruance didn't cover it since the house was rented to someone else at the time.  I lived there 30 years and never had anything stolen from the basement.  Frankly, I don't believe my tenant's story.  My solution to getting the motor aboard the boat and back off in the fall was to call a handy son to do the lifting in exchange for a sail!  He also helped me walk the mast up and tune same.  Sons are nice things to have around!

pbrenton

I'm sure my son will be handy someday.  Right now he weighs significantly less than the motor (he just finished Kindergarten).  His older sister tops the scales at #60, so perhaps together....

Meanwhile I'll look up engine bridles and see if I can recreate it.

Pete
Peter Brenton & Family
Compac 27 "Nydra"
Chebeague Is ME and Medford MA

ka8uet

The trouble with the son (or daughter!)  mast-raising system is, they grow up and get married and move away!  I'm back to walking it up by myself, or drafting someone on he dock to help me.  Ah well, progress will happen, like it or not!