a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

1978 Compac 16 for sale

Started by eraskopf, March 27, 2009, 04:57:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eraskopf

This breaks my heart but I'm selling my baby. Main, Jib in old but good shape, comes with 200% Genoa, and neat little spinnaker. Includes Johnson Seahorse kicker (short shaft), galvanized tilt trailer. cuddy is spartan and needs a little TLC. cuddy cushions included as is my Ida Sailor Foiled Rudder. In good sailing shape. $2500.00. Oconomowoc, Wisconsin.

Craig Weis

Were four hours south of me. I'd love to buy another for rental, I can't no job.  But lets promote the sail up here in Door County as well as down in Milwaukee.
I got people stomping a foot waiting for me to stop posting...gotta go. More later. find the H.I.N. like V.I.N. for a car post it. skip.

eraskopf

I am the 2nd owner and have all of the original documents. Why do you need the HIN number?

Craig Weis

eraskopf
Oh, no particular reason, but I'm nosy. In the past the HIN has been used for recall notification, but never on a Com-Pac product.
Additionally the HIN affixes the day-month-year of production and pinpoints when in the cycle of production this hull was constructed.
This can indicate hull color [as on the CP-19 production] the rig such as I-II-III stay and shroud layouts, boom sprits, and the size of the headsail [lappers].
If the hull is fitted with the drop-out-of-the-keel centerboard and lastly some minor changes in the interior wood or a fiberglas interior insert [XL] and/or amenities, such as battery placement and switch box placement. Maybe an interior change layout such as on CP-27's.
As for documents, everything from trailer to boat plus every item added [port screens] or carried on board my boat [see Frappr pictures of items clean-out for winter storage] along with factory supplied items, options, vessel safety check copies, registrations for both boat and trailer, trailer tire information, bearing lube systems, recommendations, owner's manuals and spare parts lists and even sales packaging, [so if I need to replace something such as the noodles over my life lines, I have the old package] and unsolicited true testimonials from owners posting interesting adventures and mishaps. Such as a knock-down with the mast only 10 foot above the water.
So there you have it. Glad you asked.

skip.

Brian 1851

Any chance you might sell the ida sailor rudder separately?