a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

welcome back Suncat sailors

Started by tmorgan, March 01, 2009, 03:35:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmorgan

Welcome back Suncat sailors.  I hope many of you find you way back to this forum.  It is neat to read about the adventures other folks are having in their Suncats.  It is also great to share information on sailing our boats, rigging them, cruising, etc.

Suncat a Lula

Hello,
Just finally able to get on the CPYOA site.  I am the proud owner of a blue 2004 Suncat, which I bought about 4 months ago.  I sail in Central Florida during the winter, and will be sailing my "new to me" Compac 19xl in Northern California starting in two weeks.

mrb

Suncat a Lula

Now thats living the dream, Florida in the winter and just south of Oregon in the summer.  What's your home port, out west.  I would recommend Crescent City, super easy port to enter and exit.

Suncat a Lula

mrb
I have a home on Clear Lake, which is inland about 80 miles from the Pacific.  Clear Lake is the largest lake entirely in the boundaries of California.  Unfortunately, there is not going to much water for sailing as the summer wanes on, but will love trailering my Compac to other lakes, which abound.

Les

I just posted a reply about your centerboard question.

I would love to hear your opinion of how well the SunCat and the CP19/XL-CB sail compared to each other. Since you beat me to the California boat, I am looking at a brand new SunCat late this year. Now that they have a new Sunday Cat version with a cuddy I will have to check it out.

Les

baldeghi

Les,
We saw the first prototype of the Sunday Cat being laid up in Clearwater.  What a great cockpit!

MateMatty

Quote from: Suncat a Lula on April 07, 2009, 11:59:25 PM
mrb
I have a home on Clear Lake, which is inland about 80 miles from the Pacific.  Clear Lake is the largest lake entirely in the boundaries of California.  Unfortunately, there is not going to much water for sailing as the summer wanes on, but will love trailering my Compac to other lakes, which abound.

Hey there... my dad and I enjoy sailing our SunCat at Whiskeytown lake in Shasta County... come on up!  We'd love to sail Clear Lake... how is it down there?

Grace and Peace,
Matt

baldeghi

Matt,

Great to hear of any Compacs out here in California, especially a Suncat!  Our Suncat is in Florida;  we are sailing our 19xl while here in California.  I am finding the 19xl to be a great boat,
just not quite as great as the Suncat.

We were going to bring our Compac 19 to Whiskeytown Lake for the regatta next week, but had a little too much sun here on Clear Lake this past week-end.
We participated in 3 races with no wind in 100 plus degrees.  We won in the "Over 275" (phrf) class.  Pretty crazy winning first place with 2 dnf's and a poor showing in the
one race we finished.

Keep in touch; would love to meet you if you bring your Suncat here.  We are located on the west end of Clear Lake in Lakeport.  Normally the cruising is great here
in the early summer.  Most of the sailing will be over here by the 4th of July as the water is quite low.  There is an overnighter planned here that promises to be fun
on the 9th of June.

Brian