a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

KidShip rules

Started by Mundaysj, July 30, 2008, 12:10:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mundaysj

I would just like to put in my plug for The Annapolis School for Sailing.  Their Kid Ship school is great.  It was the only place I could find where my son could take a sailing course on the weekend.   (Some of us don't live in harbor towns for the week long courses)  Well he loved the class and he has gained a lot of confidence.  It was great for him to learn that the world doesn't come to an end when a boat capsizes!  (Although it is something I don't worry about with my ComPac)  He even said that he MIGHT remember how to do the MOB drill if I ever accidentally go in the water!  LOL
Sherie

edbuchanan

My wife and I took the "Be a Sailor in One Weekend" course there just about 14 years ago.  It was amazing, we rented a Rainbow 24 from them a week later and were actually able to sail with some confidence.  A few weeks later we bought Molly.

Small world: about two weeks ago my boat was hauled at Eastport Yacht Center, which is on Back Creek's opposite bank from the Annapolis Sailing school.  I watched (and heard!) children gleefully capsizing dinghies over and over again for hours.

Ernie (Molly 23/II, 1984)