a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

CP16 Ida Sailor Rudder

Started by TroyVB, March 21, 2008, 12:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TroyVB

I am selling my CP 16 with the original rudder so my Ida Sailor foiled rudder is for sale  $225 plus shipping.  If you want to upgrade send me an email.

troyvb at nethtc dot net

aldeb748

Hi, looks to be in decent shape. Still for sale ?  Payment options (check, Paypal) ?     I live in Ma.      From what I've read these are a good option to add to the Com-Pac 16

Thanks  AL

idouglas

Al:

Where do you sail in MA?

I too am a Massachusetts CP16 sailor?

idouglas

aldeb748

idouglas, I keep the boat on the Cape.  How about you ?
  AL

TroyVB

Hi Al,

It is still for sale and I do have a paypal acct.

It is a great upgrade to the CP16.  Email me at the above address if you are interested

idouglas

Al:

Mine is moored in Vineyard Haven.

Where are you on the Cape?

idouglas

aldeb748

Troy, is this still available ?  Al

idouglas

Al:

FYI, when I put the stock IdaSailor Rudder on my CP16 XL the top of the rudder prohibited me from raising it fully out of the water in the up position.  About a third remained in the water.  Not good since I keep the boat on a mooring and thus growth occurred last season.

Today I cut back some of the rudder top (hacksaw and grinder) and now I can raise it completely out of the water.  If you buy the rudder let me know and I can send you a pattern of my retrofit and you can do the same.

idouglas

aldeb748

Haven't heard back so I'm guessing it is no longer for sale. Thanks for the input

TroyVB

Still have this for sale if anyone is interested.

email: troyvb AT nethtc DOT net

DanN

Quote from: idouglas on May 10, 2008, 08:49:46 PM
Al:

FYI, when I put the stock IdaSailor Rudder on my CP16 XL the top of the rudder prohibited me from raising it fully out of the water in the up position.  About a third remained in the water.  Not good since I keep the boat on a mooring and thus growth occurred last season.

Today I cut back some of the rudder top (hacksaw and grinder) and now I can raise it completely out of the water.  If you buy the rudder let me know and I can send you a pattern of my retrofit and you can do the same.

idouglas

My solution was just to paint a 1/3 stripe of bottom paint on the rudder.   Looks sporty, and it was a lot less work.

idouglas

Good idea with the bottom paint.  The cut back that I did was not too difficult as the blade hardware is aluminum and quite soft to work.  And I do not have to repaint from time to time.

idouglas