a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Fresh water pump

Started by Roger Schwake, July 08, 2007, 10:16:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger Schwake

Had the bearing in the fresh water pump go bad. Ordered a new pump, part #301336, from Torresen Marine. The pump I received won't fit my engine. The impeller sticks another 1/8" further out the back of the housing and won't let the housing bolt up tight to the engine. I have e-mailed them and they are checking with the manufacturer. I have a 1989 boat with the M-12 engine. Has anyone else had to change this pump?

jimyoung

Roger,

I changed out the fresh water pump on my '86 recently and had no problems.  I will check tonight and see if I have the paperwork still and pull off the part number for you.  I was re-vamping the entire fresh/raw water systems and don't remember any problems except the short hose in the front that was a bear to get back on. You must have gotten a wrong part.

Jim

LIsounder

Roger,

I have an 89 also.  It has an m2-12.. I found they used 2 types of pumps on this engine, a sherwood and another type ( can't remember the name ).. but I'm sure torrensen had already asked you that..  Let us know how you make out.

John

Roger Schwake

Finally have my fresh water pump replaced and back out sailing again. Torrensen sent me a pump next day air but it would not fit my engine. After a couple e-mails and talking with them on the phone I still didn't have a pump that fit my engine and they had $275 plus shipping of my money. Next I went to a Bobcat dealer here because they use Kobota engines also. After a short time of looking trough his computer he came up with some part numbers and saved me a bunch of money.The water pump was $97.75 and the gasket $2.31. He said that the parts were for that engine being used in a generator. I was just glad to have parts that fit after 10 days of looking. If your looking for parts try a Bobcat or Kabota dealer first. Hope this saves you some time and money.
Part #15852-73030    Pump, Water Assy.
Part #15841-73432   Gasket W/Pump NA