Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

WTB: Com-Pac 19/2, 19/3, or 19/XL

Started by MichaelQuigley, August 02, 2024, 12:34:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MichaelQuigley

Hello!

Actively on the hunt for a 1988+ Com-Pac 19 (/2, /3, /XL). Previously owned a 16 and a 19 about 20 years ago.

Looking to find a nice 19 to settle down with forever. Any leads appreciated!

deisher6

For what it is worth, there is a ComPac 19, SISU, that has been sitting on a trailer by the Bridgeton Marina ,unmoved for the past 4-5 years.Brad the dockmaster may know who owns her.  A possibility.

www.bridgetonharbormarina.com

Good luck, Charlie

MichaelQuigley

Quote from: deisher6 on August 02, 2024, 01:57:01 PMFor what it is worth, there is a ComPac 19, SISU, that has been sitting on a trailer by the Bridgeton Marina ,unmoved for the past 4-5 years.Brad the dockmaster may know who owns her.  A possibility.

www.bridgetonharbormarina.com

Good luck, Charlie

Thank you, Charlie!

By chance is that anywhere near somewhere you might find yourself at any point? If so, maybe snap a picture for me?

Roland of Macatawa

If you like the ComPac19, you might like its successor the ComPac Eclipse
2012 Com-Pac Yachts SunDayCat, 'ZigZagZen'

MichaelQuigley

Quote from: Roland of Macatawa on August 02, 2024, 02:43:58 PMIf you like the ComPac19, you might like its successor the ComPac Eclipse

Indeed, I might. If the right Eclipse showed up, I might make a move on one.

But there's just something particularly charming (to me) about the older iteration. It just feels like a tiny version of the big keelboats that I grew up sailing on.

The Eclipse (to me) feels like a tiny version of a more modern boat.

They're both awesome. And I would be open to an Eclipse. But I would probably prefer the older 19... especially if I could find a 19/3 or an 19/XL.

deisher6

Hey Michael:
Are are some flicks of SISU.  I keep our boat at the Bridgeton Marina so I pass by her going and coming. I have never asked around about her.  I have sailed on Wes's 19 and know that C-19's are great boats. I hate to see a neglected ComPac of any type. 

First look it appears to just need a good cleaning.

regards charlie

MichaelQuigley

Interesting. I'll try dropping an email to the dockmaster and see if that turns anything up?

Sure seems like it could use some TLC... but that's not that big of a deal.

I appreciate you grabbing those pictures for me!

crazycarl

If you happen to meet up with deisher6, act thirsty. He has some really good rum aboard his Pacific Seacraft. 😉
Oriental, "The Sailing Capitol of North Carolina".

1985 Compac 19/II  "Miss Adventure"
1986 Seidelmann 295  "Sur La Mer"

MichaelQuigley

Quote from: crazycarl on August 04, 2024, 03:11:05 PMIf you happen to meet up with deisher6, act thirsty. He has some really good rum aboard his Pacific Seacraft. 😉

Heh. Noted.

passagesfromtheheart

Ahoy, MichaelQuigley ~

I own a Com-Pac Legacy (new version of the 16) as well as a Com-Pac 23 -- I love them both so much! Not sure if this is of potential interest to you, but there is a really nice pre-loved 23 for sale at G. Winters Sailing in New Jersey for what (I think) is a reasonable price. I bought my first Legacy from the folks at G. Winters and was very pleased with the service/transaction (I worked with Don Hoefle).

In early 2020, when I first started looking for a Com-Pac, I was looking at 19s and the one I found -- in North Carolina, btw -- was beautiful -- but, as things go, I missed the boat (pardon the pun). I ended up buying the Legacy (brand-new) and had the boat a couple of years, then bought a used 23 with a diesel, sold this 23 and then bought another 23 with an outboard instead (better for my situation as our marina, at the lake where we sail, lost its diesel mechanic). I also sold the Legacy, but I ended up missing the Legacy so much, I bought another one, used, from 2008.

Now I have a fleet of two Com-Pacs and am looking to add a third, larger sailboat -- hoping for a Com-Pac 27 -- to keep up on Lake Superior. I am nuts for Com-Pacs (guess you can probably tell that!). Anyhoooo...just some food for thought -- that 23 looks super nice (for the sake of saying it, I suppose I should note that I have no personal interest or otherwise in the sale of this boat) and it would get you out there sailing for what's left of this season, I'd bet.

Fair winds!
~ Chelle (formerly 'Seachelle' on the CPYOA)
* Formerly 'Seachelle' on the CPYOA forums *
2013 Com-Pac 23 | SV Charm
2008 Com-Pac Legacy | SV Charisma
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@passagesfromtheheart

MichaelQuigley

Hey Chelle...

I'm assuming you're talking about this 23?

https://www.winterssailing.com/boats-for-sale/2006-com-pac-23-riverside-new-jersey-9456581/

Looks like a very nice boat. But having owned a 16 and a 19, and also larger boats (Beneteau 235, Corsair Trimaran)... I just really think the 19 sits in the sweet spot for size and trailerability.

I would love to have a 23... the extra size and capability would be really, really nice. but it's just not really a reasonable boat to daysail from the trailer, which is something I might be doing from time to time.

I definitely appreciate you passing along anything that looks interesting, though. Thank you!

passagesfromtheheart

Hi, MichaelQuigley!

Thanks for your reply! Yep, that's the 23 at G. Winters I mentioned -- she looks like a great 23!

For myself, my 23 would definitely be too much to use as a trailer-sailer -- I keep her in a seasonal slip as such. I have heard of 23 owners who use their 23 as a trailer-sailer, especially when it has a mast-rigging system.

One of the many things I love about my Legacy is her ease of use as a trailer-sailer and then being able to explore other lakes in our area. I'd imagine the 19 to be similar with its ease as a trailer-sailer, offering a bit more room, too -- it sounds like you really loved your last 19 and you know that's the boat for you! :-)

So cool you used to sail aboard a Beneteau 235 -- I used to own a Beneteau, too -- a First 285. I've never sailed on a trimaran -- I have heard that they're a lot of fun!

I hope you find your 19, soon, so you can get out on the water for some sailing! If I come across one, I'll be sure to reach back out to you!

Fair winds,
~ Chelle
* Formerly 'Seachelle' on the CPYOA forums *
2013 Com-Pac 23 | SV Charm
2008 Com-Pac Legacy | SV Charisma
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@passagesfromtheheart

crazycarl

I had an offer for an even trade. My '85 19/II for a '93 23/II. The deal included the trailers, and we would keep our outboards. I thought about it as I now keep the 19 in the water behind our house, but I still plan on trailering her to far away places, and the 23 is just too heavy for a long journey.
Oriental, "The Sailing Capitol of North Carolina".

1985 Compac 19/II  "Miss Adventure"
1986 Seidelmann 295  "Sur La Mer"

MichaelQuigley

Quote from: passagesfromtheheart on August 17, 2024, 01:19:24 PMI hope you find your 19, soon, so you can get out on the water for some sailing! If I come across one, I'll be sure to reach back out to you!

Thank you so much!

I'm hopeful that the right 19 will find me. It will be the only boat model that I've owned twice.

Quote from: crazycarl on August 17, 2024, 01:32:15 PMI had an offer for an even trade. My '85 19/II for a '93 23/II. The deal included the trailers, and we would keep our outboards. I thought about it as I now keep the 19 in the water behind our house, but I still plan on trailering her to far away places, and the 23 is just too heavy for a long journey.

Yes! The 19 really is a very, very nice size boat. And the 19/3+ to me are just "chef's kiss" aesthetically... it just feels like a really sturdy cruiser with a nice illusion of being larger than it actually is.

MichaelQuigley

Also, if anyone has any pointers on places to keep an eye on classifieds looking for 19s (or Eclipses) that would be helpful.

I'm watching Sailing Texas at least once a week.