Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Davis Shopworx Youtube videos and request

Started by MacGyver, March 17, 2023, 10:39:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

Good day everyone!!

This is kind of a repost out of another post from the lounge section. I would appreciate any critiques to be written here because it will help me to better present the content overall. I may even redo the videos to cut them down or what not as I am learning to edit better as time goes on. To be honest I have reshot entire content of the discussion style due to not being happy with my own presentation overall.

I am doing everything on my own mostly and free, because I don't really have a income source to dedicate to making this side of life better as I am running it kind of like a business, the money I get from side jobs went into the projects to make the videos on. Boat projects coming up on the 19 include wiring on the deck, interior and some changes to the flooring and a stylized wall brace setup that will better serve my needs for the boat. Of course some of those on that list may not happen for a but due to time constraints, but I have seen where some folks on YouTube do a progression of jobs and just add to playlists and such.

I am open to what anyone thinks about the presentations, I would love to step by step through a job but that is not possible since this work was already done. I have also found out that my old paint Rep Tony is still in the business and have been using my contacts to get ahold of him to possibly try to work out a Q and A with him. Ill make a post and discuss that sometime. I would love to do a video with him about this stuff if possible, but obviously prior to id like a tally of info from you all to help make the interview more productive.

Here are some links currently:

Boat bottom work discussion:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlXDoBpAIiE
Boat topside work:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNun6ZGE7Vg
Boat deck work:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxiKY08BmQk

I have some build videos coming up for tractor items soon, the footage is a lot so it takes a lot more to produce and to be honest after a discussion with another YouTube guy that I watch a lot I have decided to change my own thought process due to his findings about getting subscribers and also keeping them watching the videos longer than a few seconds or just a few minutes.
As far as the boat goes, I have the mast hinge and step change out nearly done, so Ill have a video on that once I can complete it, and Those at CLR will be able to see that. I also have some ideas for start up boaters to help them realize some common mistakes and such that will help folks get off on the right foot sailing hopefully.

Anyway, Please like and subscribe if your interested and thanks for the support everyone! I hope to get some of this knowledge out of my head and to those of you looking for it, and I hope to present it in a way that helps inform and show how to do things like a pro, but with homeowner abilities and tooling.

Mac
Former Harbor Master/Boat Tech, Certified in West System, Interlux, and Harken products.
Worked on ALL aspects of the sailboat, 17 years experience.
"I wanted freedom, open air and adventure. I found it on the sea."
-Alaine Gerbault.

Bob23

Hey Mac!! Good to see your face again! I started looking at the vids and I'll watch all of them when I have enough time to absorb what you're saying. I'm particularly interested in the mast hinge project as I've been planning to do one on my 23. Of course, I've been planning this for a few years now... no sense rushing into this! 

I hope you are well. I sure miss the laughs when we were at CLR together. I had the pleasure of meeting an old friend for the first time!

Thanks for all the work in putting together these vids. I'm sure we'll all benefit. And... that is quite the beard!!
Bob23

Tim Gardner

Hey Mac,

I have the as-built step on my 19.  On my Hunter 23 There is a mast hinge.  I much prefer the 19's mast step to the hinged base of the Hunter that really requires a crutch to raise the top of the mast high enough to insert the hinge pin at the base of the mast.  For single handing, a dedicated mast raising system is still required, so what is there to gain?.  The Mastender system would be the ultimate mod for your 19 IMHO.

Yours in Geometry, TG
Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.