a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

2 Flickas on the Hard at the Same Marina

Started by crazycarl, November 10, 2022, 05:46:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazycarl

I visited a marina today for quotes to get the big boat hauled, bottom cleaned and the stuffing box repacked.  While there I looked over 2 Flickas on the hard.  The 1st one had an outboard, so I'm not interested in it.  The 2nd had the inboard diesel.  The 2nd one also had a registration that expired in 2018.  The outside teak was worn, battered and not salvageable.  If I decide to sell both the Seidelmann and Compac, it will be to purchase a Flicka.  I've looked at 2 so far, but both are in the $28+ range.  I'm not adverse to fixing a boat up, but not if it's going to take more than a year.  When the time comes, it will be a decision.  Save some $ and fix one up, or spend the kids inheritance and find one RTS. (ready to sail)

note: i'll also need a trailer for those get togethers     
Oriental, "The Sailing Capitol of North Carolina".

1985 Compac 19/II  "Miss Adventure"
1986 Seidelmann 295  "Sur La Mer"

Mas

Oh just spend it! Triad trailers in N.C. can set ya up with a trailer.
S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

crazycarl

I talked with the wife about it.  There is another Flicka in very nice condition for $28k.  She said I should buy that one because life is too short to be working on a boat and not sailing it.  If it is still there after we take occupancy of the new house, I'll look at it.

Bob23

I love the Flicka's! Almost bought on up near Buzzards Bay in 2020.  Before I could return to close the deal, the pandemic hit, travel was closed between states and that was that. I never heard what became of her but she was a beauty. Rebuilt Yanmar, Triad trailer and very meticulously cared for.

Oh well... I'm still Bob23!

Mas

It is probably best I not help you find a Flicka. The last time I did introduce someone to a Flicka they bought her and she still sits on the same dock with us. Bob couldn't make it to the gathering at Regent that summer, so he missed out on seeing her. Another Flicka escaped him! Hmmm...me thinks he really isn't really ever gunna buy one!

Though here is a late model one with a trailer....jus sayin!
https://www.yachtworld.com/yacht/1987-pacific-seacraft-20-psc-8421410/
S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

Bob23

Seachelle

I have also been tempted by the Flicka! Perhaps the one listed on Yachtworld, with the mast that's never been used, is a replacement mast? (Still begs the question, I reckon.)

Fair winds,
~ Chelle
SV Sunflower (Sunny) | 2021 Com-Pac Legacy
SV No Mas! | 1990 Com-Pac 23D MK3
https://passagesfromtheheart.wordpress.com

crazycarl

Without proper punctuation, it's hard to tell what they're  implying.  I always find boat ads comical.  Some will show a few pics of the boat, and lots of pics of sunsets.  Some will concentrate on items such as brass clocks or weather instruments. Others include several pictures of their dog laying on the boat.  I'm looking for a boat, not a new pet, plus I see a dog on the cushions and all I think is, "I don't want to be finding dog hair everywhere, pass".

Seachelle

Carl, did you see this one yet? Just saw it on sailboat listings dot com tonight.

https://www.sailboatlistings.com/view/98310

Fair winds,
~ Chelle

Bob23

brackish

Enough of this Flicka talk, it is a Dana or nothing for me.  And I have been tempted a few times.

Alas, at my age it is more likely it will be a trip to the dark side.  My marina has gone up thirty percent in two years for dockage, and I'm not interested in store at home and rig for each trip.  Despite the fact I just had a very nice overnight a week ago, I had to motor out as the very light breeze on the nose made sailing not practical.  The sail back was nice, but I find I motor more than sail these days.  What I really need is a comfortable platform to enjoy the cove anchorages of the unspoiled by development Bay Springs Lake. A stretched Dianne's Rose is a real possibility if I can talk myself into another build.  Some pics of last weeks trip.  Highlight was listening to the Loons call that night.

Bob23

The Diana's Rose is a wonderful boat! If I crossed over the dark side, I'd sure be tempted to build one too. And I also like the Dana but I was impressed with the space in the Flicka as well. A smaller dance floor than the Dana but I'm not much of a dancer anyway.

For the time being (and beyond) I'm quite content with my little 23. She's fast enough, stable enough, and is perfect for the kind of sailing I do.

My marina has also gone way up in winter storage fees. The summer is no problem- I pay in beer! The new currency! I think next year I'll store the boat at home, cover her myself and save a bundle of moolah. That's a lot of beer $$ for my summer slip fees!

Cheers! Bob23

brackish

The summer is no problem- I pay in beer! The new currency!

Not sure I can deal in beer, all those exchange rate issues and so.  For instance you have PBR which has the value of FTX crypto currency or you might have Yuengling which would be backed by the oldest brewery in the U. S. ;)

crazycarl

Thanks Chelle.  If I buy a Flicka, it will have the marine head and diesel.  I'm also looking at an Island Packet 27 or a Pacific Seacraft Orion with a tiller.  There are so many sailboats here it's wild.  A town of 900 with almost 3,000 sailboats registered.

Seachelle

Carl, food for thought: if you decide to list your 19 for sale, I would love first dibs! :D

Fair winds,
~ Chelle