a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

clr weather

Started by kickingbug1, June 14, 2022, 07:43:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kickingbug1

well its gonna be a hot one next week and windy as well. conditions on  monday look good albeit 98 degrees with 95 on tuesday. so swimming will be the order of the day. the race will still be on tuesday but a reef may be in order. the start line will be the weather station ( the yellow thing by the dam then east to the first mark. round it to port, west back to the weather station also round it to port, back east to the mark and the finish. start times  ( by the clock) will be assigned at the monday meet and greet. my catalina and the eclipses will start together. matts hunter will start just after us. the suncat and 16 will start first. wednesday looks to be the best for a night sail. thursday looks like the "cruise to the silo" day. again call me 317 440 3804 when you get in. be safe on the roads
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

brackish

I should probably show up to cool off. :P  Where I am, starting Monday, 102, 102, 102, 102, 101, 101.  Breeze light, 5-7.  Going to Nashville that week, to help my son move, just as bad there. 

alsantini

So, what's a little heat among sailors??  As long as we have wind, I am OK.  See you Monday.  Al

kickingbug1

.its gonna be brutal. 99 monday 101 tuesday. having said that, if anyone wants to cancel we understand. let me know your thoughts.
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

Christopher

I know if I did not have a bimini I wouldn't even consider sailing in those temps with the sun beating down.  Since I'm still at home I can go or stay home.  Up to you Captain.   8)

kickingbug1

im kind of worried about roger to be honest.  i think the only ones who reserved slips were randy and i.

rogerschwake

I reserved a slip yesterday but not going to be using it. Just to darn hot to enjoy a week on the boat. Painted the top sides white and the boat looks much better. I also fell of the deck when taking the rig down a week ago. Broke the fall with my head so a little soar but no broken bones. I'll miss you guys but see you next year.

ROGER

kickingbug1

damn, rog, hope all is well. did you see a doc? well, sorry you cant be here but really it would be tough given the heat. the wind it forcast to be good so we will see how it plays out. you will be missed. get well

crazycarl

I was really hoping to make it too, but we're dealing with the builder picking out brick, siding, and cabinets.  Not a good time to be away more than a few days.
Post updates with pics!
Oriental, "The Sailing Capitol of North Carolina".

1985 Compac 19/II  "Miss Adventure"
1986 Seidelmann 295  "Sur La Mer"

Fastdoc98

Count me in with the not-going-to-make its; my June work schedule was out before the dates were announced so I'm scheduled the 22-24 with a meeting on the 21st.  I may try and make it down Monday for a daysail with whoever is there but don't think I'll be getting a slip for the night.

alsantini

I'm still coming.  Heat or cold, wind or rain....  duh.  I reserved a spot yesterday.  Might bunk in the motel, if possible.  Bimini also ready.  Boat out of slip, packed.

crazycarl

If it's too hot to sail, you can always sit inside the air condition galley and tell sailing lies stories.

Bob23

While I wasn't planning to attend this years CLR, I did in fact get to surprise Crazy Carl when I was first there about 7 years ago, plus or minus. It was a collaboration between Mike Greene and myself. What a fun and crazy group! My side is still hurting from laughing on the dock at night, oh... of course a wee bit of imbibing too!
Have a great time, hot weather or not!1
Bob23

crazycarl

Quote from: Bob23 on June 18, 2022, 09:04:22 PM
While I wasn't planning to attend this years CLR, I did in fact get to surprise Crazy Carl when I was first there about 7 years ago, plus or minus. It was a collaboration between Mike Greene and myself. What a fun and crazy group! My side is still hurting from laughing on the dock at night, oh... of course a wee bit of imbibing too!
Have a great time, hot weather or not!1
Bob23

I hope to return the gesture some year at BBB.

Christopher

If Ole Captain Al is going to do it than so am I.  See you the day after the official Juneteenth in the afternoon (Monday).  I'm working on trying to remember some sea stories but I think the thunderstorm we got caught in a couple years ago may have affected my memory.  What's your boat named Carl?  "Misbehaven".