Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Com-Pac 19 for sale near Fayetteville, NC. SOLD 4/9/2022

Started by Wayne J, March 30, 2022, 02:21:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wayne J

Nice CP19/3 for sale near Fayetteville, North Carolina

She has brand new main sail and new foiled rudder.

Not my boat, but I did own this boat 2016 to 2019. 

This CP-19 was modified by The Sailboat Company in Richlands North Carolina (back in 2004). They installed a hinge on the mast, moved the side stays and removed the backstay. They also installed a mast gallows.

Below is the link to the craigslist ad.
https://raleigh.craigslist.org/boa/d/olivia-sailboat-compac-19/7464721597.html

call Bill Moore for information 304-268-1007    Wvbillmoore@gmail.com
CP-16/2 1986
Catalina Capri 14.2 1985
Richmond, Virginia

MacGyver

A few of the modifications on this boat are some things I want to do to mine sometime, really a nice, clean looking boat indeed!

Was the mast tube in place of the normal teak center post a addition or was that from the factory that way? (If you happen to know)

Mac
Former Harbor Master/Boat Tech, Certified in West System, Interlux, and Harken products.
Worked on ALL aspects of the sailboat, 17 years experience.
"I wanted freedom, open air and adventure. I found it on the sea."
-Alaine Gerbault.

brackish

Don't know for sure Mac, but if it was converted to a hinged mast by Richlands, I suspect they did the extension into the cabin.  You might go to their website, they keep a pretty good record of the conversions they do.

crazycarl

I contacted the seller to ask how far back the chainplates were moved, but he wasn't sure.  I've tried to talk to Keith in Richlands several times, but his wife always answers and never puts him on.  I understand he is up there in age, but the site does get updated now and then.
Oriental, "The Sailing Capitol of North Carolina".

1985 Compac 19/II  "Miss Adventure"
1986 Seidelmann 295  "Sur La Mer"

crazycarl

I found a page on the North Carolina Sailboat Co. site where someone asks how far back to move the upper shroud in order to eliminate the backstay.  Unfortunatley, Keith doesn't give a definitive answer, he only posts a picture of the same boat that is now for sale.

Seachelle

I just came across that listing last night and was going to share it here -- funny thing is that I almost bought that boat in the fall/early winter of 2020, but the person selling it now beat me to it. She looks like a superb boat -- and I did talk to Keith about the retrofit actually -- I guess I got lucky! I had left messages for his wife a couple times and then got a call back shortly after that from Keith. The gentleman who was selling back the time I was looking was really a nice person -- he had also referred me to Keith to ask about the mods. That owner told me he was selling because he was buying a powerboat, instead, as he kids wanted to do more fishing and the powerboat made more sense to them. I had a ton of videos that the owner had sent to me demonstrating the mast raising system and other aspects of the boat -- sadly, those now seem to be gone/lost from my computer.

Bob23

Carl: Seems like the answer is shrouded in mystery!

crazycarl

Quote from: Bob23 on April 01, 2022, 08:37:57 PM
Carl: Seems like the answer is shrouded in mystery!

We'll have none of that nonsense here Robert, there is already a thread dedicated to boating humor.

Bob23

Mas

Quote from: Bob23 on April 02, 2022, 05:41:44 AM
True, but that thread was all sewn up!

I haven't posted in a while, mostly because of all the PUNishment on this site.
S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

brackish

If this keeps up I will refuse to STAY.....according to my Loos there is way too much TENSION on this thread.

Additionally, as we say down south.."that boy (Bob23) ain't right"

Wayne J

Here is a picture showing how far the shroud was moved aft.  The spreaders were also removed.  And the mast stump extends into cabin (no wood compression post).
CP-16/2 1986
Catalina Capri 14.2 1985
Richmond, Virginia

Seachelle

OK, please help -- I'm confused -- is Bill the seller of this boat? Or a former owner? Thx, friends!