News:

Howdy, Com-Pac'ers!
Hope you'll find the Forum to be both a good resource and
a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

new owner of 2005 Com-Pac 23/IV ?Simplicity?

Started by Neducati, December 16, 2021, 06:24:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neducati

Just bought a 2005 Com-Pac 23/IV (no. 639) named ?Simplicity?. Gerry Hutchins told me this boat was the very first Mark IV model. She has a CDI roller furling jib, a dodger and Bimini, a Raymarine ST 1000 tiller pilot, marine head with holding tank, a Yamaha 9.9 hp outboard with electric start and power lift and a mast raising system built into the trailer. She?s shrink wrapped for the winter and I?m looking forward to launching her here in Pennsylvania next April.
2005 Com-Pac 23/IV Simplicity (no 639) - SOLD

jthatcher

sounds great.. such a long wait!!    what part of pennsylvania?   jt

Ken J

Do you by chance have a picture of the mast raising system attached to the trailer ?

Neducati

I?m in Mechanicsburg and will keep the boat in a slip at Lake Marburg in Codorus State Park near Hanover.

Sorry, but I don?t have any photos of the mast raising system. Boat is shrink wrapped. It?s similar to the system available from Com-Pac Yachts.

Ned

brackish

Welcome! I have 644.  Would be interested in what changes compac made from yours to mine.  Particularly where your electrical panel is located.  When you unwrap it, take a pic.  Lots of good stuff on this site.  When you launch, feel free to ask away, we have all done everything about these boats at least once.

Neducati

Thanks Frank. The electrical panel was upgraded by the prior owner who is an electrician. I?ve tried posting photos here without success. I get a message that a .jpeg isn?t a format that is accepted and that?s the only format my iPhone uses.

brackish

Quote from: Neducati on December 17, 2021, 11:49:16 AM
Thanks Frank. The electrical panel was upgraded by the prior owner who is an electrician. I?ve tried posting photos here without success. I get a message that a .jpeg isn?t a format that is accepted and that?s the only format my iPhone uses.

Don't think it is the format, jpeg or the more modern jpg is accepted, more likely the file size.  For this forum you have to resize the file size to no larger than 1024KB.  I have a whole album of "resized" pic files for use on this forum.  Google photos gives multiple resize options with single keystroke, sure whatever cloud Apple is on does the same thing.

And don't think you can set the record for longest time to learn to post photos.  Bob23 has that and it will never be broken. We're talking years..... ;)

Renae

bruce

Quote from: Neducati on December 17, 2021, 11:49:16 AM
I?ve tried posting photos here without success. I get a message that a .jpeg isn?t a format that is accepted and that?s the only format my iPhone uses.

Ned,

I can't explain the error message you report, but I have seen problems with photos from iPhones because they were .heic files. I couldn't open the files on my computer (sent as email attachments), but I could open them on my iPhone and download them to my computer as .jpg. .heic files aren't supported here. Something to check.

As Brackish says, file size is usually the biggest issue, and the error message should report if that's the case. On my Mac I use Preview to adjust file size. 100-150 KB is plenty, I'll crop first if there's too much background.
Bruce
Aroo, PC 308
Narragansett Bay, RI

Neducati

Quote from: Renae on December 17, 2021, 02:12:28 PM
Congratulations!  Did you get a survey?

Thank you! I did not get a survey. I?d get one if the boat were bigger and more expensive but it didn?t seem necessary for a boat like the 23 that doesn?t have a lot of known expensive issues. The outboard is only 10 years old and the seller seemed like an honest and diligent person.

jthatcher

I was not quite sure of that state park - looks like a nice place with lots of slips..  don't be surprised if, after the first season, you get the itch to find bigger water!   of course, where you happen to be in PA, there are not a whole lot of options close by.   We lived in north east pa when we bought our compac 23 - it was in Tom's river on Barnagat bay.. that was a nice spot - especially since Bob23 was a close neighbor there (although, some might disagree)  :) 

we are now in maine , and the boat is ready for bigger adventures - i just need to make time to get out there on the ocean and explore!  Best of luck with 2022, and, until you happen to get the boat in the water, you can dream of oh so many adventures!   jt

brackish

And speaking of Bob23, I'm a little surprised he has not already contacted you regarding the $5K membership extortion, err fee to be sent directly to him.  That message usually indicates that Vinnie, Rocco, Guido and any number of his Jersey mafia relatives might pay you a visit if you ignore his demand.  His delay is probably due to senility from advancing age, and possibly the negative effects of drinking PBR.;)

Neducati

Quote from: jthatcher on December 19, 2021, 07:51:54 PM
I was not quite sure of that state park - looks like a nice place with lots of slips..  don't be surprised if, after the first season, you get the itch to find bigger water!   of course, where you happen to be in PA, there are not a whole lot of options close by.   We lived in north east pa when we bought our compac 23 - it was in Tom's river on Barnagat bay.. that was a nice spot - especially since Bob23 was a close neighbor there (although, some might disagree)  :) 

we are now in maine , and the boat is ready for bigger adventures - i just need to make time to get out there on the ocean and explore!  Best of luck with 2022, and, until you happen to get the boat in the water, you can dream of oh so many adventures!   jt

I?ve sailed a Flying Scot and a FarEast 19R at Lake Marburg and already want bigger water but Marburg is only an hour from home. Better sailing locations on the Chesapeake Bay are about 2-1/2 hours away. The Com-Pac 23 is about the biggest boat you?d want on Lake Marburg where there are a few Catalina 22s and other similar sized boats. If/when I decide to keep a boat on the Chesapeake Bay, I?ll want something in the 32?-36? range for more comfortable overnight and weekend cruising.

I?m jealous of your venue. Would love to be in Maine, in the summer that is. I delivered my FarEast 19R to the buyer this past September in Augusta, ME.

jthatcher

That is quite a trip to deliver a sailboat.. hope you stuck around and enjoyed the scenery while you were here!   We are in Georgetown - home of Derektor/Robinhood marine -  i work there part time on the fuel dock during the summer season.   it is a great spot, for sure.  jt

Bob23

Yes Brack. Speaking of Bob23, my ears were buzzing so I stopped in here to see what all the hub-bub was about!! True, it took me years to learn to post photos using Photobucket, and just when I was getting the hang of it, presto! Photobucket was no longer working here! Now I am challenged once again!!

Ned: Here's the scoop. I am in fact the self proclaimed treasurer here and keeper of all of the funds taken in from the membership fee which in fact is $5,000.00. Cash or check made out to cash or we can barter for some Pabst Blue Ribbon beer. But wait: You're a 23 owner so you qualify for the 23 credit so the correct amount is $4977.00. Such a deal!!

My 23 is an older sister to yours- 1985 23/2 #321. I also have a CDI which performs flawlessly for each of the 14 years I've owned the yacht.

Looking forward to your contributions here, whether questions, comments or just plain old weaving a yarn as so many do here!
Welcome!!
Bob23