Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

WTB Com-Pac 23

Started by Seachelle, November 02, 2021, 06:02:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seachelle

Ahoy, friends -

You may have gathered that I am looking for a CP 23 already - but just in case - I am putting it out there for the record! :-)

I am in the Midwest, but am open to location of the sale/boat.

I am open to boats that need 'some TLC,' however, at this time, a full-on 'project boat' is going to exceed my area of expertise. ;-)

A trailer would be groovy (necessary)!

Update: Forgot to include my contact info - please either PM here on this forum, or you can contact me on my website, noted below in my signature, via the 'Contact' link.

Thank youuuuu!!!!!
~ Chelle
2021 Com-pac Legacy | SV Sunflower (Sunny)
https://sailawaywithchelle.wordpress.com/

Neducati

Good morning Chelle. I spoke with Frank in NY about his 23 and was thinking about going to see it. It?s about three hours away from me. I keep going round and round on which boat to get and have focused most recently on the Com-Pac 23, the Eclipse and the Seaward 23. Not sure how far you are from Woodruff, Wisconsin but there is a nice 1991 Seaward 23 on eBay right now which I?m guessing will sell for less than most of them sell for.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1985-Hake-/124983877179?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

Are you close enough to Woodruff check out the Seaward? If so, I could check out the C23 for you while you check out the Seaward 23 for me.
2005 Com-Pac 23/IV Simplicity (no 639) - SOLD
2020 Com-Pac Legacy Sport - SOLD

Seachelle

Hi, Neducati!

Frank's 23 sounds great; I had a chance to speak with him and the boat sounds fantastic! If I was only 3 hours away, I'd definitely be checking the boat out. Unfortunately, I'm much further than that, so I'm not able to make it. I think you will be really pleased with his boat and if you decide to go for it, please let us know! The boat looks amazing!!!

I think you and I have the same models on our minds! I've been looking at Seawards as well. Found a couple of 25's on YachtWorld dot com. I'll check out the 23 you mention on eBay - I am curious! Thank you for sending that link out and thinking of me on this! :-)

Recently, I almost bought a pre-owned Eclipse from one of the Com-pac dealers, but decided to hold out as I think I'm still wanting to lean to the 23. The Eclipse does sure offer a lot, tho, so I may go that way as well.

Again, keep us posted on what you decide to do - I'm so excited for you!

Edit: Neducati, I forgot to mention, above, that I also live pretty far away from where the Seaward 23. Shucks!

crazycarl

That Seaward is a beautiful boat.  I did some research and their 25 with a wing keel only draws 2'.  That would make a great boat for these skinny waters.  The newer Seawards are too rich for me or the 26Rk would be nice to have.  The interiors don't have much wood so upkeep and cleaning would be easy.
Oriental, "The Sailing Capitol of North Carolina".

1985 Compac 19/II  "Miss Adventure"
1986 Seidelmann 295  "Sur La Mer"

moonlight

I have a trailer for a 23.  I was hoping to modify it for my 25, but that's an iffy proposition. Tubing sizes are different between the 23' and 25' trailers.  SO here I am with a 25 in the water (FOR SALE) and a trailer for a 23 (FOR SALE, clear title, obtained from former customer who sold their 23 without it).

SO...
Buy my 25, you might get a free 23 trailer.
Or, buy the trailer (for enough money) and you may get a free 25.
Or will sell separately.

clebrowns80

Hi!  New to the group here!  My wife and I have a 1982 Compac 23 (on trailer) and are looking to sell it.  We live in Charleston, SC.  I actually bought the boat as a wedding gift last year in hopes of us learning to sail together.  Life being chaotic has prevented us from doing so.  I just listed it on our local Craigslist, but wanted to reach out on here since I assume folks are Compac enthusiasts and maybe someone would be interested.  Ad is below!  Any thoughts or suggestions are much appreciated.  We know nothing about sailing or sail boats, so we're in a unique situation trying to sell a sailboat.   

https://charleston.craigslist.org/boa/d/charleston-1982-compac-23-sailboat/7412786350.html

Thanks everyone!

Stephan