a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Time to get dirty

Started by crazycarl, May 20, 2021, 09:57:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazycarl

Our 19 hasn't been wetted since 2019.  Now it sits on the trailer here in North Carolina.  Tomorrow I'll drive to the lot and take stock of everything.  I know there is a very slight leak around the genoa tracks that needs sealing.  The cabin sole's carpet needs replacing, and all the standing rigging inspected.  The IL registration expired last year, and until we have a permanent address, I can't register it here.  Seeing all the sailboats out everyday is hard when yours sits on trailer. ????
Oriental, "The Sailing Capitol of North Carolina".

1985 Compac 19/II  "Miss Adventure"
1986 Seidelmann 295  "Sur La Mer"

Christopher

Tim Gardner

You own property there, No?  Register it to that parcel
Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.

crazycarl

Quote from: Tim Gardner on May 27, 2021, 09:45:26 AM
You own property there, No?  Register it to that parcel

Without an NC driver's license or a utiliy bill, i can't prove residency.  We move into a rental house June 1st, so i can show the lease.  Beautiful morning to be out sailing.  I catch a flounder off the town dock this  morning.

Tim Gardner

I flounder at my dock all the time, Nobody catches me though.
Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.

Mas

Quote from: crazycarl on May 20, 2021, 09:57:13 PM
Our 19 hasn't been wetted since 2019.  Now it sits on the trailer here in North Carolina.  Tomorrow I'll drive to the lot and take stock of everything.  I know there is a very slight leak around the genoa tracks that needs sealing.  The cabin sole's carpet needs replacing, and all the standing rigging inspected.  The IL registration expired last year, and until we have a permanent address, I can't register it here.  Seeing all the sailboats out everyday is hard when yours sits on trailer. ????

Well it was a different day and age, about 40 years ago to be exact, but when we bought our first boat, a Compac 16 while visiting relatives in Florida, we trailered it to Virginia where we promptly sailed it for almost 10 years with the Florida registration number still on it. We were too stupid to know we had to register it here cuz someone said since it was only 16 feet and didn't have a motor (which it didn't at first, for 2 years until Susan made me get one, which is another story!) we blissfully simply sailed and had no issues ever. Heck I sold her with the same Florida documentation.

So maybe play dumb? It was easy for us. Was gunna post a picture of us in her but i have been unable to attach a file for quite awhile now and simply have given up. That ability disappeared with the new server switch. Gotta love progress!
S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

Damsel19

I don't know if any other states do this: in Florida, "A vessel that is at least 30 years old, used only for recreational purposes, and powered by the vessel's original-type power plant may be registered as an antique vessel."
That is drops annual Reg to $7.50 per year.

crazycarl

We have a year lease on a house so we now have a permanent address.  We are currently in Illinois with the truck and a Uhaul trailer filled with furniture. We leave in the morn for NC.  After we settle in the house, I'll go about registering the boat and trailer.