a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Anyone with access to their Eclipse?

Started by alsantini, December 13, 2020, 03:17:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alsantini

My wife has possibly decided to buy me a new cooler for my Eclipse.  I cannot get to mine until April so if someone has access to theirs and can measure the max height of the cooler.  If I ask Santa for one I want it to fit under the cushion/stove thingy with the stove side facing down.  Thanks in advance Eclipse people.  Sail On   Al

Cpy23ecl

Al,

I can provide the measurement tomorrow.  Don't have any lights in the pole barn yet or I could do it tonight.

Fred

Cpy23ecl

I assume you're talking about the space between the sink and stove storage (when not in use) in the center of the boat.  The max height before hitting a cleat used to capture the stove on my boat is 11 17/32.  I'd try to get a cooler no taller than 11 1/4.  Let me know if you need any other measurements.

Fred

slode

Fred is right on.  Not much room under there.  I just replaced my companion way step with a solid cooler.  Never found use for the storage inside that anyway, and it's a pain to move around compared to the cooler.

"Sylvia" 2006 Eclipse #41

Whisper

Hi Al , I?ve fitted a cooler to my Eclipse ,I couldn?t find one that fitted under the stove top ,so I?ve decided to leave that out or modify it .
I think that I can sit the stove on top of the cooler lid ,with a little modification .
The only disadvantage is that the centre cushion sits a little  proud of the others .
I doubt that I could get into or out of that bunk anyway ,but it?s still ok for more nimble folk .
I also had to shave 6 mm off the teak shelf on one side . But that was easy as the teak plugs are not glued in and easy to disassemble.
The measurements from the floor to the top of the teak shelf is 345 mm and the width is 580mm that?s inside the standard teak shelf widths . (Without my modification ) .
I hope this helps .
I mounted a connection in  the fwd compartment in front of the mast step and led the cable through ,it?s one of those fittings that go into a cigarette lighter socket . Not sure what they are really called.
Cheers  Des