a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Boat/Trailer Positioning

Started by Vipersdad, May 15, 2020, 08:14:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vipersdad

I need to work on my bow roller and winch.  I would like to know the simplest way to slide my 19 back a foot or so without putting it in the water at a ramp.  I have some ideas but thought I would throw it out to the forum.

V.
s/v  "MaryElla"   Com-Pac 19 / II  #436
Iceboat "Red Bird"--Polar Bear 10-Meter, Built 1953

Lake Winnebago, Lake Mendota, Lake Namakagon, Lake Superior.

"To Hutch, Gerry, Buck, and Clarkie--Who made it so much fun.".....Robert F. Burgess, Author-Handbook of Trailer Sailing 1984

Gerry

Put the trailer on you car.  Chain a come-a-long to a big tree.  Use a sling and back it off.  OR, at your marina float is back then tie down the bow and slowly go home.
Gerry "WyattC"
'81 CP16

slode

I may be misunderstanding what you are needing to do, but if it's general service to the trailer winch and roller just take the stand/post off the trailer.  Typically held on with 2-3 u-bolts.  Seams simpler than moving the boat.
"Sylvia" 2006 Eclipse #41

Vipersdad

I loosened the winch/roller stantion and slid it forward to give me clearance for my small gel coat repair on the bow.  I used the Evercoat kit with color pigment tubes.  I got a pretty good color match with small amounts of brown and yellow.  My next step is to float the boat at the landing and move it back about a foot.  This will center the boat on the three keel rollers.  Right now the keel is riding on the front two rollers and tight to the bow pedestal.  After moving it back I will reposition the pedestal.
s/v  "MaryElla"   Com-Pac 19 / II  #436
Iceboat "Red Bird"--Polar Bear 10-Meter, Built 1953

Lake Winnebago, Lake Mendota, Lake Namakagon, Lake Superior.

"To Hutch, Gerry, Buck, and Clarkie--Who made it so much fun.".....Robert F. Burgess, Author-Handbook of Trailer Sailing 1984