a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Annapolis 50 yr. anniversary boat show.

Started by Mas, October 08, 2019, 02:30:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mas

Clearly not looking at boats, well we are going aboard one. Need to get away for many reasons so gunna head up for at least a day. Anyone else?
S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

Finbar Beagle

Mas,

My wife and I are going today and tomorrow morning.  Will be having a few painkillers on the rooftop bar after lunch. 

Tomorrow we may only stop by in the morning.  No boat buying, but looking at gadgets...maybe new foul weather gear...

I egards,
Brian
Brian, Finbar Beagle's Dad

CP 19 MkII- Galway Terrapin, Hull 372
Northern Barnegat Bay, NJ

AirborneJarhead

This will be the first year in many that we will miss it. Dammit!
Cheers!
Rick
s/v Little Wing
Compac 16/1
Charlotte, NC

slode

I Heard Com-Pac is going to have a Legacy Sport at the show.  Whoever is going please check this out and find out what's going on with the mast raising tackle in the cabin.  Post the answer here. 

http://cpyoa.geekworkshosting.com/forum/index.php?topic=11140.0

I'm curios!  This would be a great day sailor if we ever decide to stop doing overnighters.
"Sylvia" 2006 Eclipse #41

Finbar Beagle

We saw the legacy sport, but did not focus on mast tabernacle, sorry.
Brian, Finbar Beagle's Dad

CP 19 MkII- Galway Terrapin, Hull 372
Northern Barnegat Bay, NJ

K3v1n

As per the Com-Pac Facebook page....
Water still rising. Show closed early today

Guess it worked out that we decided not to go.

1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

JERSEY SHORE TRAILER SAILERS

Bob23

I saw this and thought the same thing. But a Painkiller or two and it would have made it all right!

Mas

Just had to time the show around the high tide! Lots of folks golly! So....Rich Hutchins and i both agreed upon the stability factor for any boat...if it spills your Scotch ya gotta go back to the drawing board. Spent time looking at stuff, not so much boats but did go aboard some brokerage PSC's at the marina where we stayed. Arrived at the show by water taxi and left the show well before high tide and walked to East Port to hit Davis's pub which we've learned years ago is where the locals hang. Some crab cake dinners and a few not PBR home grown IPA's later (Sorry Bob) we did have to kick off the ole shoes to wade through mid shin deep water to hail the water taxi back to Port Annapolis Marina docks for the night. Rainbow, sunset and full moon rising completed an interesting evening. We sure needed it. Talk about tugging at your soul, Susan and I spent much time the next morning talking with a couple on their PSC that were leaving in two days for points south and ultimately the Pacific crossing, about our age so there go the excuses.
S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

Wayne J

Hey- I can't ignore that backhanded comment about PBR!
CP-16/2 1986
Catalina Capri 14.2 1985
Richmond, Virginia

AirborneJarhead

Nice write up, Mas. Was the Hendrick Gin party tent there this year? They really over served me last year!
Cheers!
Rick
s/v Little Wing
Compac 16/1
Charlotte, NC

Mas

Quote from: AirborneJarhead on October 16, 2019, 04:08:26 PM
Nice write up, Mas. Was the Hendrick Gin party tent there this year? They really over served me last year!

Hey Airbourne, sorry for the late response. Never looked for the Hendrick's tent as was pretty focused on checking out some stuff before the high tide made the "in water" boat show even more true! We were carrying a small flask just in case of any medical emergencies and also knew we were gunna be partaking more than one beer at Davis's and then even more drinks later once back to the marina for the night. It ended up being a late to bed night as there were many folks having fun aboard. It did make getting off and on boats a little more cautious as the evening wore on, though a brilliant full moon did make navigating the docks and decks easier. All in all it was good we never found the Hendrick's gin folks! Maybe we will see you next year there or maybe this spring again on Ocracoke.
S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

AirborneJarhead

As long as Ocracoke has recovered enough, we will be there. They really took a beating from Dorian. The flooding was terrible. From what I heard, the NPS campground was not spared, either.
Cheers!
Rick
s/v Little Wing
Compac 16/1
Charlotte, NC

Mas

Quote from: AirborneJarhead on October 29, 2019, 09:56:04 AM
As long as Ocracoke has recovered enough, we will be there. They really took a beating from Dorian. The flooding was terrible. From what I heard, the NPS campground was not spared, either.

Things are still looking tough there Airbourne. A week ago the Nor'Easter that slid up the coast over-washed the dunes again and damaged the repairs to the only road down the island.

https://www.wral.com/ocracoke-tries-to-heal-and-reopen-after-dorian/18776550/

....meanwhile found out that the SV Delos folks and the SV LaVagabonde folks were at the boat show with everyone clamoring to meet them. Heck didn't even know they were there and was surprised folks weren't clamoring to meet us....jus sayin!
S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2