Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

CP-19 Tabernacle & Pin

Started by 5monkeys, May 28, 2019, 12:31:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5monkeys

Hi folks,
    I need to replace the tabernacle on my 19. current one is pretty banged up. I noticed on the Dwyer site, that the one they have is a bit different, Mine has a vertical slot and a stainless steel nut and bolt that the mast pivots on to go up. Requires wrenches and extra time, I could be splitting hairs here, but we trailer sail and usually only for an afternoon, so anything I can do to cut down on time stepping and stowing is huge. The one on the Dwyer site has a pin that you install in the mast foot, it slides into an opening on the front of the tabernacle and then drops into the slot.. No nuts to lose, no wrenches looks fast and efficient.... What's your setup? what do you like/dislike? I'm attaching a snip from the Dwyer site showing the newer setup.

Thanks
Keith

5monkeys
1982 Com-pac 19-Napoli
1981 Coronado 15--Sold
Herndon VA 20170

brackish

I've always said if my tabernacle gives out, I'll replace it with that style.  Would have to modify the pin to accommodate my rolling bail used for the vang but that looks a lot easier than the Compac stock tab.  You might go to the Precision forum and ask about it, it is stock on those boats I believe.

5monkeys

Ended up getting this swap out done this weekend and I don't know why exactly, but the stepping and un-stepping seemed to go remarkably smoother with the elimination of the previously required wrenches.. If you need a new tabernacle.. this was easy to do and I def. like it better so far.

Regards,

Keith

5monkeys
1982 Com-pac 19-Napoli
1981 Coronado 15--Sold
Herndon VA 20170