a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Settee seatbacks

Started by tsaiapex, March 20, 2007, 12:17:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tsaiapex

I am intrigue that settee backs on CP27s can be flipped up and attached to the cabin roof to create sort of double-bunk.  Does this option exist for all CP27 models?  Can a small child sleep in the "upper-bunk" or if they are really meant for storage only.

Thanks

Jeff Tsai
CP19, Mary Grace
Apex, NC

perseverance272

They're meant as sea berths, so there's a piece of canvas that prevents you from rolling out. Only the starboard side has the fold up berth, the port side folds down to create a larger double berth. BTW, the fold up sea berth is perfect for kids (mine fight over who gets the top bunk).

jimyoung

I've not got kids, and have modified my starboard settee to add a nav station but I have found the hook receptacles for the berth works great for a fruit/veggie hammock. It keeps them from getting banged around and bruised, and is easy access for a quick snack.
Jim

Connie Meadows

My sweet babies are grown now.  I removed the starboard setea cushions totally.   I secured a board to the fiberglass and screwed my Engel Refigerater to it.  I also screwed in handles and set bins in between them.  I use strapping to secure the bins to the handles.   I have these filled with provisions.  I am single handing for the next year and I felt like I needed storage more than seating.  I still have the port cushions in place.  I saved the other ones so when I return, I have the option of returning the boat to the original design.   I too use the hooks for my vegi hammock.  :)  This arrangement is working great for me and I do not have to worry about my food and Engel flying in the floor while heeling.