a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Heading home

Started by alsantini, April 01, 2019, 03:07:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alsantini

Well. after a wonderful sail on the Gulf with the Admiral and two friends I spent a few hours on Sat getting Off The Wind ready for travel.  Anchor off, sails off, Bimini off, etc.  Only thing left on deck is the mast, boom and furler.  Only thing left is to put my trike and a space bag or 2 in the cabin and I am ready.  Checked the tires and spare, packed the bearings, yadda, yadda.  Every year it seems like we have more stuff.  Especially after blowing a ply separated tire on the way down, I am a bit more cautious about just throwing stuff in the cabin.  I have put 2 tires and the sails in the bow to increase the weight on the Acadia whereas I usually put the weight over the tires.  Oh well, have to see.  Next time OTW is floating, she will be in Pistakee Lake in Northern Illinois.  It was another great season with many top ten days.  Sail On,  Al

Tim Gardner

Drive carefully and slower than usual, Al, and the tires will make it.  Hot Rod!

TG
Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.

slode

Have a safe trip back.  There's still a foot of ice on the lakes around here....   Hope Pistakee is ready for you!
"Sylvia" 2006 Eclipse #41

captronr

Safe Journey to both of you!

Ron
"When the world ends, I want to be in KANSAS, because its 20 years behind the times."  Plagarized from Mark Twain