a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Looking For A CP16

Started by K3v1n, July 22, 2018, 07:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob23

And so the saga continues! Many out there...you may have to travel. How about a 19? You had one...so much more room.

Jhansen

I've got a 16 mk2. Pretty nice original condition with trailer  it's been in my garage a lot of years.   I'm near Clemson SC. Asking 3000 for it. I've found a 23 that will fit my family better...  hate to sell the 16 though ...  it's my second one and my all time dream boat.

npcammarano

I have a compac 16 that is for sale.  located in shrewbury river monmouth county new jersey.  1979 model. i have been sailing it for 20 years .

furling
two sets of sails
electric motor  55 thrust
two agm batteries
trailer

$3000 

Contact Nick at 848-217-7325

Reighnman

Kev,
I want to see that Pearson 303 next BBB! I think brave Marty showed the difficulties in using a 16 on the weekends in the lower part of Barnegat Bay with the never and I mean never ending line of boats flying past. I've never seen so many 40ft flybridge boats and their wake was a momentum killer. Go big!!!
Siren 17, O'Day 222, CP 19, CP 25, Sunday Cat

Mas

Quote from: Reighnman on September 18, 2018, 06:25:02 AM
Kev,
I want to see that Pearson 303 next BBB! I think brave Marty showed the difficulties in using a 16 on the weekends in the lower part of Barnegat Bay with the never and I mean never ending line of boats flying past. I've never seen so many 40ft flybridge boats and their wake was a momentum killer. Go big!!!

So....the key is not the boat but the timing! WE DON'T DO WEEKENDS! Hang in there and keep the vision for what you really want someday. As far as a CP16 goes, it will never be the boat for cruising, racing, staying aboard, etc. It will be an inexpensive, easy to care for, easy to travel with, easy to sail, easy to sell boat that handles jus like the 23 except smaller. Hold out for a Mk2 IMHO.

An interesting listing at our marina since there seems to be interest in Pearson's. It has all of the layout we like in our PSC31. Open layout, aft head and actually a private aft stateroom. Clearly not a passage making boat but a nice design.

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1989/Pearson-2-28-3221681/Topping/VA/United-States?refSource=standard%20listing#.W6EAfC2ZO_J

Now we know it's not the timing with you guys for such, and probably will need some work but this is as inexpensive as ya gunna get for a PSC31

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1989/Pacific-Seacraft-31-3183127/Chesapeake-City/MD/United-States?refSource=browse%20listing

Hope all is well with you all. Not been the best sailing season for us between weather and much going on that holds us closer to home. Next year is looking to be a great one though, heck October is looking to open up for us some finally! Hang in there, someday before ya know it, weekends you can leave to all of the yahoo power boaters and be going out when everyone else is coming in and have the place to yourself! Last week before the threat of Florence got everyone all flustered, we spent two days with just the company of dolphins and only one other sailboat. :)

S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

K3v1n

@ Ryan...The Pearson is under powered plus I couldn't afford the marina fee.

@ Mas...We would love a PSC but still out of the budget for a bit. Need to down size in order to up size!(sorry Pedro)

@ Nick....Looks great Nick but the Admiral requires me to sell the Cape Dory first. I'll see if I can soften up her position, ya never know. I'm only an hour away in Manahawkin!

Quote from: npcammarano on September 17, 2018, 09:53:37 AM
I have a compac 16 that is for sale.  located in shrewbury river monmouth county new jersey.  1979 model. i have been sailing it for 20 years .

furling
two sets of sails
electric motor  55 thrust
two agm batteries
trailer

$3000 

Contact Nick at 848-217-7325
1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

JERSEY SHORE TRAILER SAILERS

npcammarano

K3v1n

No problem.  Do what is best for your situation.   Call if you want to come up and take a look, while she is in the water.

848-217-7325

Nick

Bob23

Nick: Are you interesting in trades?

npcammarano

Bob23

I have a classic 1949 275 F1 Ferrari. Reconsider??

Yamaha33410

1981 Compac 16

-West Palm Beach, FL

Finbar Beagle

Kevin,

I saw Nick's 16 last year.  It was in great shape.  I went with the PC for the lower trailering weight, and that I was keeping the 19.  She is a great boat, and good upgrades.

regards,
Brian
Brian, Finbar Beagle's Dad

CP 19 MkII- Galway Terrapin, Hull 372
Northern Barnegat Bay, NJ

K3v1n

Dorothea is 'Officially' for sale with a Broker. Now bring me that CP16! :D

1985 CAPE DORY 26
1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

JERSEY SHORE TRAILER SAILERS

npcammarano

My 16 Compac is still for sale. Just took it out of the water.

Call if interested 
Nick  848-217-7325

Bristol14

There's a donated 16 for sale on EBay.
Paul