a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

New Year's Resolutions?

Started by alsantini, January 01, 2018, 10:07:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alsantini

First off Happy New Year all.  2017 was a decent sailing year for me and I hope everyone else.  In an effort to expand, one of my resolutions is to sail around Sanibel Island this winter.  Plan is to launch perhaps Pine Island, sail over to Sanibel, spend the night, next day sail around the island with stops at a beach or two, spend the night again in same marina, sail over to Cabbage Key, spend the night and then back to Pine Island.  I had planned on sailing CLR in June but we are taking the family on a cruise July 1st out of Galveston and my wife would kill me.  Since it is an anniversary sail - not a good idea.
If I could add a resolution to your list it would be to spend more time on your Eclipse.  This fantastic boat is ready to take us all places we can only imagine.  As they say, Just Do It!  Sail On everyone into a happy healthy 2018.  Al

Vectordirector

Sounds like a good plan. 

I resolve to not get run over by a powerboat. 

Happy New Year! 

Are you back in FL yet?  Mighty cold up north. 

Nasty here for the next few days.  Better than up there though.

See ya!

Bryan
2005 Eclipse #23  Sold

kickingbug1

just like last year, the same resolution, sail more. if I can I'm gonna wear out this boat.
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

TedStrat

I plan to NOT use the word "someday" this year since someday is now. My plan to sail along the north shore of Long Island, stopping overnight along the way, is going to happen. Trailering to the Chesapeake and sailing for 5 days is also on the list. I like Al's motto (and Nike's) "Just Do It"
-Ted

s/v 'Helios' - Eclipse.....Huntington, Long Island NY

captronr

I've not formalized my new year's resolutions yet, but more sailing is definitely gonna be on it.

Helping take care of in law's aging issues is taking up a lot of time right now, but I'm going to make a conscious effort to travel more in 2018 no matter what.  (A) I'm not getting any younger, (B) no one can count on tomorrow, (C) I have discretionary funds to do it.  [I constantly tell my kids that I'm spending their inheritance every time I buy them a meal!]

I recently saw  a video by Bryan Shule, who was an SR71 pilot and a photographer.  Retired now, he has the world's largest collection of Blackbird photos that he took himself. 

He has a very inspirational video about Attitude, and how changing his attitude following a fighter jet crash that almost killed him, turned his life around.  It's nearly an hour long, but I enjoyed the speech and photos.  Highly recommend watching it if you haven't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kIMTJRgyn0

Ron
"When the world ends, I want to be in KANSAS, because its 20 years behind the times."  Plagarized from Mark Twain

TedStrat

Last day of vacation and a bit rainy here in usually sunny Florida so I figured I would watch the video. Amazing story - Very cool,and inspirational. Thanks for that Ron. Happy New Year!
-Ted

s/v 'Helios' - Eclipse.....Huntington, Long Island NY

slode

Happy new year to all.  Hope you all had a wonderful holiday season. 

While the change of year is a great time to reflect on what has been and what can be, I  like to make my resolutions as I see the need, not based on a set date.  But I have made a simple resolution since receiving a beautiful cribbage board from my in-laws for Christmas.  I'll be keeping it in Sylvia's cabin and want to get in as many games as possible with the Admiral while anchored of shore, or at a slip, or floating around some gloomy afternoon.  I guess if that translates to sailing more so be it!

"Sylvia" 2006 Eclipse #41