a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

thinking about fall cruises....

Started by brackish, September 17, 2017, 07:14:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brackish

.....and heavier than air gas storage issues.  Our cruises generally have gotten to be one or two nights, that's about as long as I can get the Admiral out for sea duty.  Been thinking about propane and butane storage for a while and concluded one cylinder of each is all we need for our cruises.  So how to store appropriately.  Have seen some inovative use of 4" PVC pipe and various fittings but kind of expensive and permanently mounted (in the way of something).  Looked at Magma's nice rail bag but kind of expensive for my cruising profile and would rather not have more stuff hanging from the rail.  So what else is carried/stored in bags.  How about wine?  Seven buck padded wine carrier, a little scrap wood for a pallet to get it off the deck and let water pass under it, a stainless steel grommet added to make sure any leak drains to the aft drainage tubes, a piece of very high capacity velcro to keep it from moving about and problem, I think, is solved.  Should work for our half dozen overnight cruises a year.  And with the new hinged fuel locker cover, access is a breeze.

AislinGirlII

Nice setup !

Thinking about fall cruises down here too. Started to do a quick sail late yesterday, but it was just too hot and too little breeze to fool with.

brackish

Quote from: AislinGirlII on September 18, 2017, 12:10:51 PM
Nice setup !

Thinking about fall cruises down here too. Started to do a quick sail late yesterday, but it was just too hot and too little breeze to fool with.

My favorite sails down there where always in the fall.  My former coworkers up here asked one time why USM did not fill the stadium like the big two north of highway 82.  Had to think about that for a minute, but then thought about where I was on game day in the fall.  I was usually anchored at Ship, Cat, or Horn Island listening to the game on the radio. I guess there are just more choices on the Coast.