Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

New Horizon Cat Owner

Started by Andre, May 06, 2017, 11:37:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andre

Hi all,

I've owned a Picnic Cat for 9 years now, and 2 weeks ago bought a 2014 Horizon Cat.  Trailered it down from Norwalk, CT to NJ today.   Still keeping the PC.

Andre

Sunapee Sailing

Hi Andre,
Is that Betsy's boat? She and I emailed a few times regarding the boat.
Looks like a great boat.
Congratulations
And Welcome!
Susan, the other, in NH.
Dreaming of a SunCat
A Horizon Cat would be great too.

rbh1515

Welcome to the HC's!  I love my HDC...similar to you PC with a huge cockpit.  How does the PC sail?  If I was on a small lake I probably would have bought one....but I sail on the big fresh water pond...Lake Michigan.
Rob

2015 Horizon Day Cat, Waters End

Andre

Yes, that is Betsy's boat.  For the time being it's on its trailer at the same 1200 acre lake (well reservoir actually) where I keep and sail my PC.  It was the cheapest and most convenient place to store it for now.  I'm going to keep it there for a little while to perform some minor modifications (topping lift, lazy jacks, charger or solar, etc.) and then the plan is to get it to salt water (Raritan Bay most likely).  Right now the water level is too low to launch the HC, but it's rising gradually and if we get some significant rain it may get up to where I'll actually be able to sail her a few times before taking on the big blue sea.  Interestingly enough the HC came with a Lehr propane outboard so I'll be interested to see how that works out.

PC's a great little daysailer for the lake and when the water level is too low for the ramps (like now) I can still easily launch it from the dirt shoreline.  Water just hit 60 degrees at the surface so I'll start taking her out soon.

Andre