Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

New Suncat advice?

Started by NHsuncat, January 23, 2017, 07:33:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoddinr

I'll second the "Wag Bag" system. 

No portapottie on board, when the PETT folding toilet is folded up it fits up by the anchor locker and makes a place for an LED lantern, etc while you're in your bunk. 

I just keep a black trash bag in the port locker to put the used waste bags in.  Legal to dispose of in all states and Canada.

Ron

hoddinr

I have a mooring cover for my SunCat, and it's great!  I use it stored on the trailer, and with some practice I can get it on or off in about 15 minutes.

Very waterproof!

Ron

Ken J

I'll have to check that out :-)

kevnh

welcome to fellow NH suncat owner!

Re: 3 I also had a porta-pottie that seemed to be a 1/16" too tall to fit under the bridgedeck.  After about a year of looking at porta pottie specs online I just jammed that thing under with some muscle power and viola!, it fit!  The tight fit keeps it from flying around while trailering or underway.  I think maybe ComPac designed the space this way.

-Kevin
SunCat Hull #111 (2002)
"ISA"

ghsfusioneer

KenJ:  if you buy a Suncat and want to keep it in your garage with a 7' high opening, find one with the garage package.  The mast stub unbolts easily just above the deck.  It's four 3/8" bolts - an easy 10 minute job to take down and put up.  When folded, the upper stub/folded mast with sail, boom and gaff rest nicely on the side of the boat.  I don't know how deep your garage is, but the trailer may also need to have a folding tongue to make the total length about 20'.  Without the folding tongue, the boat/trailer is nearly 23', rudder down.
..Fusioneer

Potcake boy

Carry on of Oceanroadus post about the WagBags. I used them for a while on my trimaran as a much preferred solution to porta potties. I like the sealed container you mentioned, as they will permeate the smell even through the supplied bags. On the tri I simply stashed them and the 5 gallon bucket in the float, so having a sealed container is an excellent idea.

P.S. I have completed the installation of my composting head and must report great satisfaction over the original MSD. It has been used occasionally for over a month and is only about half filled. I used the C-Head churnless shorty, and opted to install the ventilator as prescribed by Sandy. It has fulfilled all the promises of eliminating odor and is really inexpensive and easy to maintain. I use Cedar shavings in mine so I suppose that makes it a real "water closet".
Ron
Pilot House 23 - GladRags
Punta Gorda Florida

A mouse around the house - but much hotter on the water

Ken J

Fusion - thanks - I will look into the garage package - length is not a prob as it's 30' long :-)