a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

NEW FLOATING DOCKS ON DELAWARE RIVER AT BRISTOL, PA

Started by MKBLK, March 21, 2017, 01:26:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MKBLK

Bristol Borough, PA on the Delaware River in Bucks County is constructing pleasure boat docks. The project is nearly complete and may be ready this spring. Visit this URL to learn more:

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/Bristols-new-river-docks-pump-new-life-into-ancient-town.html

I walk First Mate Goldie (my Lab) along the waterfront on a regular basis and have been observing first hand the progress of this project: no less than amazing! This is going to be a very cool place to visit. There are plenty of eateries including a Micro Brewery (ready in April) within easy walking distance of the docks. There are public ramps at Neshaminy State Park several miles south of Bristol. The scenery in this area is really quite beautiful (in season!). There are sites that cannot be seen from landside that most people are not aware of.

I'll keep all interested up-to-date on the going's on regarding the docks.

Marty K.

"...when you're on your deathbed, you don't regret the things you did, you regret what you didn't do."  Randy Pausch

jthatcher

Looks like a nice place to hang out and watch all of the boating activity.. or better yet, to bring your boat!   good to hear that you are out and about .. any plans for trips to lake nockamixon?   we will be home the last two weeks in april..  might be able to sneak down that way for a day :)   jt

MKBLK

jt - I'll make an effort to have Pegasus ready to sail by then. Best day for me is a Thursday. Looking forward to seeing you (and Janet). Hopefully, without drama!

Marty
"...when you're on your deathbed, you don't regret the things you did, you regret what you didn't do."  Randy Pausch

MKBLK

Jason,

Okay. Unwrapped Pegasus today (yea!). Will have it fully rigged by the pm (16's are great!). Still lots of work to do (always!) but will be "sea" worthy by tomorrow.

I can get to Nockamixon the last 2 weekends in April. Hopefully, one of them is good for you and Janet (and the weather!). Hope to see you guys soon.

Marty