a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Great Sail Today

Started by alsantini, January 27, 2017, 07:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alsantini

Today, the weather was a bit iffy, but I took a chance and it paid off.  I had two people along, one who is an accomplished sailor having sailed with her father while growing up.  She was really impressed at how the boat handled in the 2-4 foot rollers.  Cut right through them.  Winds were shifty and upwards of 18 MPH.  I put a reef in the main and started out with full Genoa.  Someone asked how fast we were gong so I turned on the GPS and was surprised to see 6.2 MPH.  We were cooking!  After 3 hours we brought Off the Wind in through the Intercostal waterway, talking all the way.  I was my usual impressed self but the other two could not stop talking about the capable Com Pac Eclipse.  What a great boat - but you probably knew that, didn't you....  Sail On.  Monday is next sail date.  Hope for similar winds but maybe a bit less wave action.

TedStrat

All of your fellow Eclipse owners and other winter-bound sailors are jealous! Sounds like a great sail-thanks for sharing.
-Ted

s/v 'Helios' - Eclipse.....Huntington, Long Island NY

waterwheels

I agree with Ted, Thanks for sharing as we wait out the long winter. It is great to at least read about and share in your excitement.

Don

Living Water