News:

Howdy, Com-Pac'ers!
Hope you'll find the Forum to be both a good resource and
a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Has anyone added additional cabinetry to their 27?

Started by redfishnc, December 21, 2016, 11:25:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redfishnc

I have toyed with the idea of adding a cabinet in place of one of the settees or reduce the size of the port settee.  I would like to see the pics if you have. Also there is room to screw a decent size cabinet to the front bulkhead of the head.  Ideas. nice if the cabinet could be added when you didn't it and added when doing a little more extensive sailing.  thoughts?

deisher6

Curt Holden's C-27 has the starboard bunks removed and replaced by two seats and a table.  It is a very nice arrangement professionally done.  I have some pictures of his interior that I would be glad to post if you have not seen them.

regards charlie

Tney88

That sounds like the arrangement that was available on the CP-35.  I've thought about making that mod, but I'm hesitant to take the sawzall to the existing fiberglass.  I'd like to see pics of it, though.

Terry Ney
SV Paradiso
Terry Ney
CP 27 "SV Paradiso"
Veneta, OR

deisher6

With apologies to Curt, here are the photo's.

redfishnc

I'm thinking I want to be able to return it to its original configuration.  Only need one settee so i was thinking along the lines of a cabinet for storage where the other settee is.  Maybe leave room for one person and the cabinet.  My son-in-law does great marine cabinet work but its quite pricey...