News:

Howdy, Com-Pac'ers!
Hope you'll find the Forum to be both a good resource and
a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

anybody built a dodger from a Sailrite kit?

Started by Tney88, October 24, 2016, 04:39:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tney88

Has anybody built a dodger for their CP27 from a Sailrite kit?  The videos make it look easy, and the price is right....I was wondering if anybody had any real-life experience with it?
Terry Ney
CP 27 "SV Paradiso"
Veneta, OR

deisher6

Hey Tney88:
I have not but I would really like to see and read how you go about it!!!!

I do not like to use the bimimi, because:  It is low, about head height for me.  and I cannot easily see the tell tails and or the sails. 

I would like to have a dodger to keep the rain out of the cabin and to provide a wind break.  I really like the arrangement on a Island Packet 27 that had a tarp that zipped on the back of the bimimi and attached to the back stays when not sailing.

May be a problem on older C-27's with the bridge deck travelers.

regards charlie

Tney88

I have a 2004, so my traveller is over the cabin and I'd put the dodger aft of it.  We go sailing for two weeks in the San Juan and Gulf Islands every year, and we always seem to get a day or two of rain.  The dodger sure would be nice to keep the rain out of the cabin but allow us to keep the companionway open. 
Terry Ney
CP 27 "SV Paradiso"
Veneta, OR

thomeng55

I am "contemplating" the same kit, vs having one made.  Kind of a DIY myself.

I have a bimini.. its O K... but I like a long tail dodger ... sailed on a boat with one last year.  Sailing (or motoring) in rain and chilly airs, everyone huddled behind it.  Decided I liked it much better.

If you go that route... keep us posted.

Thom
SV TomCat
CP27