a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Clearwater Sailing Community Club

Started by DaleM, February 16, 2016, 08:56:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaleM

I will be in the Clearwater area for a week in April and was considering taking one of their 17ft. sailboats out for a day.  Anyone have any experience with this club or suggestions?
Thanks,
Dale
If not now..When?

DaleM

Had a chance to visit the Clearwater Sailing Community Center in Clearwater, Fla.  last week.  Great staff and nice selection of sailboats to rent by the hour.  Most are small but available.  There is a 25 question exam for clearance.  Passable if you know your basics.  Beautiful area to sail if you are in the neighborhood without a boat and want to get on the water.  So, there's the update.
Went by the Hutchins workshop and had  a chance to ask a few questions and see the operation.  It's very impressive indeed!  Sure nice to see the new boats under construction.  Very glad to have my Compac 16 that moves forward with a puff of wind! 
If not now..When?

Mike K

Wow, thanks for the info!  I didn't know about the Clearwater Sailing Community boat rentals. I may try them out when I'm down on the Fl west coast next fall.
Mike K.  2015 Eclipse  Previously owned Com-Pac Legacy, Precision 21, MacGregor 21 Seaward 25