a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

1/2 " gold chrome tape/black waterline tape and COM-PAC YACHTS logo for hull

Started by MOlson, April 26, 2016, 03:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MOlson

Hey everyone.....greetings from Rhode island.
Sprucing up the hull before buffing it out. I see that Com-Pac sells a  gold chrome 1/2" tape for $31. They also sell a 2" tape: RA00T0140 TAPE 2"X 150' PREMASK, 2ML, ALL COLORS $85.00 RL.

Is the 2" tape the same stuff that is used to make the waterline on my CP 19-3? It's black and is about 2" wide.  The tape that's on the hull now is pretty beat up and I'd love to find a good replacement at a better price.

Thanks,
MOlson

brackish

You should call and talk to them.  I priced tape all over and they were the least expensive.  They sold me 150' of the gold/chrome, but just sent me what I needed of the 2" which I believe was 50' for my 23.  I don't think they even charged me for the two logo's.

Mine had 2" navy at the waterline with 1/2" gold chrome just above it and touching it. Then another run of gold/chrome about six inches below the rub rail with logos at the stern.

MOlson

Thanks so much for the advice.!! Will call them now.

MOlson

You should call and talk to them.  I priced tape all over and they were the least expensive.  They sold me 150' of the gold/chrome, but just sent me what I needed of the 2" which I believe was 50' for my 23.  I don't think they even charged me for the two logo's.

Mine had 2" navy at the waterline with 1/2" gold chrome just above it and touching it. Then another run of gold/chrome about six inches below the rub rail with logos at the stern.
[/quote]

Salty19

My hull came with a 2" white waterline stripe with 1/2" gold stripe above and below the white.  It looks great over the mint-green hull.
"Island Time" 1998 Com-pac 19XL # 603