- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

New davits

Started by Awfeith, March 30, 2016, 03:35:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Awfeith

New davits from Garhauer

BobK

That is what I call a good looking upgrade!
BobK

Tney88

Very nice.  Would you mind sharing what that setup cost?
Terry Ney
CP 27 "SV Paradiso"
Veneta, OR

Awfeith

Got them from Garhauer Marine at the St Pete boat show. All in they were $1,200 for the pair, all lines, blocks, stops included. I got free shipping as they sent them to the Miami boat show, and my buddies from Com-Pac yachts brought them to Clearwater. Shipping fro CA to FL would have been $300. Install was a snap. You can order them online or call them and ask for Mark in the factory. He will build whatever you need.

André

Tney88

I'll be down at the Strictly Sail Pacific show in Richmond CA in a week, and I see Garhauer Marine is on the exhibitor list for that event.  I'll stop in and chat with them.  Also, I really like your bimini and dodger...were they custom made by a local builder, or did you order them pre-built?

Terry Ney
2004 CP-27 "Paradiso"
Veneta, OR
Terry Ney
CP 27 "SV Paradiso"
Veneta, OR

Awfeith

It was homemade by the previous owner. His wife sewed the canvas. I had the Bimini fabrics replaced last year. We don't use the dodger, only keep it up for the winter months here. It's too hot in summer. You should meet  Ron at the garhauer booth. He will remember mine. You have the cat bird seats on yours, so just tell them to copy mine. Just remind them you need 4 rail clamps. 1 in diameter.

Andr?

Tney88

Yeah, those seats are a great feature, both the admiral and I spend a lot of time in them.  I will look up Ron at the booth.  We keep our boat on a lake outside Eugene OR (10 minutes from home) from now thru the end of August, then haul it up to Anacortes WA for a couple of weeks in the San Juan and Gulf Islands each September.  That's when we'd really like to have the dodger, when you're on a 2-3 week outing away from home, you don't want to not sail just because the weather turns crappy for a day.  My challenge regarding a dodger is that everybody who makes them says they have to have the boat at their shop while they build and fit it, and there's nobody locally who does that.  So that means hauling the boat, taking it at least 2 hours away, leaving it for a week or two, and then reversing the process.  You know it's not a small task to de-rig and haul the 27's.  Anyway, thanks for the info on the Garhauer davit setup. 

Terry Ney
2004 CP-27 "Paradiso"
Veneta, OR
Terry Ney
CP 27 "SV Paradiso"
Veneta, OR