a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Changing to LED lights

Started by rogerschwake, March 04, 2016, 07:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerschwake

This summer I changed all my lights to LEDs, all four of them. Ordered from M4 Products  www.orders@m4sales.com  and they are brighter than the bulbs that I replaced. Used part #1142-30-2835-CW for the red and green bow lights and also the cabin light. The stern light is part #FESTOON-211-2-LED-CW. With shipping the four bulbs cost me $31.81. If you do much night sailing this might be a good investment, besides we all like to throw money in our hole in the water that owns us.

ROGER

Bob23

Roger, I did the same with me 23 last year. nav lights, anchoring light and both interior lights. I mainly wanted the anchoring light at the mast to be LED because it's on all nigh when I do anchor out. And I also found that they are brighter than the original bulbs. Thanks for the source- I needed to get mine from 2 different places but for the life o' me, can't remember where! That's why I keep records.
Bob23

hoddinr

Roger,

My SunCat is a 2007, would the bulbs that you ordered be the same for my boat?  I'd really like to do the switch, and for $30, that's a steal.

Thanks,
Ron

rogerschwake

Ahoy Ron,
  Hope to see you at the CLR this summer. Your boat has the same lighting set-up as my 2004. A green on port and red on starboard, with white on the stern. The interior light is the same bulb as the bow lights. Hope your getting a lot out of that book on sailing gaffers because I'm just about done putting a super smooth bottom on my Sun Cat. Hope to sail by you this summer. HA HA

ROGER

hoddinr

Thanks Roger!  Where is CLR again?

Ron