Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Small refrigerator install on my 27

Started by Allure2sail, March 02, 2016, 09:04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allure2sail

Hello all:
Looking to purchase a small ac/dc refrigerator for Allure this spring. Most likely the 1.7 cubic foot model and was wondering where other 27 owners had located them. I hate to give up my storage area under the stove so looking for other spots. Have solar panels on the boat but expect to upgrade them as well. What do you have for wattage to keep everything running. I have two group 27's and another 27 (for the windlass) I could hook in as well.
Any input is appreciated.
Bruce
S/V Allure
Swansea. MA

BobK

Bruce,
I have a Dometic CF35 1.1 cu ft re-fridge freezer on my boat.  They also make a CF 50 1.7cu ft.  It is a portable 12-24V dc or 120-240v dc power.  It is not permanently mounted but called carry on - but too heavy so I leave it on my floor under the table.  They draw 4 amps at 12 volts but only run approx 50% of the time for an actual draw of 2 amps/hr in 90 degree weather in the summer. The boat has a 40 watt solar panel combined with minimal engine run time allows me to run it around the clock using one 24 deep cycle battery.
BobK

Awfeith

Go to page 5, look for refrigerator install. I put in a Norcold 12v/110 . Took out the oven, left the 2 burners. Unit was $800 and change. Works great. I think it's 2 cu. ft.

bmiller

For what it's worth I put an Engel in my camper and am extremely happy with it. 12V, (they have some that are 110/12) and it draws less than any other unit out there. If it fits you can't go wrong.

http://www.engelcoolers.com/acdc/fridge-freezers/front-opening/engel-sb70-built-in-refrigerator