a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Kinda quiet here. Anybody sailing?

Started by alsantini, February 22, 2016, 08:52:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alsantini

It seems like we Eclipse owners are asleep lately....  I have been out sailing a couple of times a week either on my Eclipse or on a Precision 23 out of Venice, Florida.  Weather this week has been tremendous.  Yesterday had light winds but flat Gulf so overall a great day.  We sailed around for almost 5 hours.  Almost pulled an Al goof when launching.  I had used the J pole like I usually do and laid it on the starboard side alongside the cabin rooftop hand rail.  As I backed the boat down the steep ramp, my friend yelled something just slid into the water and a bike rider watching said it was silver and long.  Oh boy.  Quick, or as quick as an old man can move, I jumped into the 2 foot deep water and retrieved my pole.  That is the second time I have left it on the cabin rooftop.  First time I was motoring out and noticed it.  Today I am buying some red tape and will put rings around the pole so maybe I will see it.  My mental checklist on launch needs to be updated to include the pole.  Only other thing at this end is I have made another bracket for the fender.  So, I am back to two fenders, although probably only temporary.  The Admiral gave me a Bluetooth speaker for the boat for Christmas.  No built in radio on board Off The Wind.  With Pandora on my phone and the speaker on board sailing around the Gulf to the sound of Jimmy Buffett is fantastic.  I found some neat bungee ties that are adjustable at Home Depot.  About 18 inches long.  I was getting tired of the hook style always being a bit too long or a bit too short.  I use 6 of these beauties to hole the headsail with furler to the mast for traveling.  $1.24 each.  Will see how long they last.  They simplified getting into and out of the water yesterday.  Today's project, although minor, is to fix the trailer lights or the vehicle so I can be seen.  Yesterday, the lights were not functioning but the call of the Gulf overpowered the urge to repair.  Sail on everyone......     Al

Vectordirector

Hi Al,

Now that the rain has stopped I am finally boating!  I had my ex and daughter down last week and we had a great time on the power cat.  They went back north on Saturday.  Sailed yesterday for the first time in a couple of weeks.  Great fun and had a good 2 hours of 6 knot breezes until the wind died.  Trying to decide what to do today.  Eclipse really needs a bath as the green stuff is starting to show up again.  Wind looks enticing today, not so much the rest of the week.  Decisions, decisions!

Come down sometime and we can go out for a sail.  Or we can take the cat down to Burnt Store for lunch.  Lots of options!

Bryan

2005 Eclipse #23  Sold

captronr

Al, you are the guy with the best sailing right now...............

We had our Eclipse out once, but it was a bit brisk for our tastes.  Life is in the way right now, so the boat is tarped and back in storage for a short time.

Still fixing a few things, but overall the boat is GREAT!

Ron
"When the world ends, I want to be in KANSAS, because its 20 years behind the times."  Plagarized from Mark Twain

TedStrat

Al, I'm jealous of you down there. On Long Island and I'm still counting the days before I can get Helios back in the water....maybe late April this year. Now it's just reading and living vicariously through you guys in warmer waters! Keep the stories coming a even the little mishaps help.
-Ted

s/v 'Helios' - Eclipse.....Huntington, Long Island NY

Bob23

Rowing, yes. Sailing...not yet. Here in NJ, we still had ice on Barnegat Bay a few weeks ago. But launch time's a comin'!
Bob23