a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

COMFORTABLE SEATING

Started by sjaffess, December 10, 2015, 09:56:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sjaffess

I purchased 2 adjustable seats from West Marine.  They are very comfortable and fit right into the rear of the cockpit so that your feet are facing straight out.  They come in navy blue.  They are very reasonable and go on sale for $40.  I have them on both my boats.  I recommend them highly.

FireDrill

I have the West Marine seats too and find them a perfect fit for the SunCat  but I made a modification.   Practical Sailor reviewed several boating seats (about 3 years ago) and gave these high marks except that they did not have anti-skid bottoms and therefore can become a problem when heeling.  I fixed this by attaching non skid patches cut from a multipurpose non slip "thick Grip Liner" which I found in the dishes area of Target and also a  local grocery store.  I used Roberts Double Sided  indoor/outdoor Seam carpet tape (approx. 2inches wide) to bond the patches to both bottom halves of these folding seats as shown in the picture. The pocket patch has one inside the pocket and the other on top of the mesh outside the pocket.  On the large patches I only taped around the edges and rounded corners on everything. The pocket is sealed shut by this method but I never need it for anything

I've been sailing with these for 3 years and the tape has held really well. The seats stay put nicely both folded and flat.  They also tend not to slide when stowed on the cabin cushions or on top of each other
Don Lehmbeck,
2012 SunCat named "CatEase"
Belief: "A small sailing craft is not only beautiful, it is seductive and full of strange promise and the hint of trouble".. E.B. White..
Retired Engineer and Adjunct Faculty ,
35 years sailing small cruisers in Upstate NY and nearby Canada