Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Winter warmer.

Started by Aldebaran_III, December 17, 2015, 06:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aldebaran_III

For all you guys up North, a tiny bit of Christmas warmth from St.Martin
Sailing Aldebaran III off the wind in about 14 knots in the Anguilla channel. Between Anguilla and St.Martin, approaching Marigot harbor.
Air temp about 29C (84F) and water temp 27C (80F)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsJLuUx6GnE

Apologies for the awful sound. (A bit of rig whistle but mostly wind across the microphone)

Cheers,
Derek

frank

That is just plain "evil"   :-)

Beautiful....but "evil" for us northerner's!!   :-)

looks like a great day to be out!!!

Have fun!
Small boats: God's gift to young boys and older men

mdueweke

Greetings and Merry Christmas from Michigan.

Say, how do you get your boat down there?

Where do you stay in the Bahamas, roughly?

What are the costs?

I am looking for an adventure this winter and may be tempted to tow my HC down to Florida for a trip. I tow with a V-8 Ford Excursion
I am fearful however, becausse I don't have any experience in that part of the world.

Best regards,
mike

Aldebaran_III

Hi Mike,

the Bahamas sounds great, but we're much further down island in St.Maarten/St.Martin, the half French half Dutch island.
Lived here over 20 years.
The HC was new from Compac, delivered on its own trailer to Miami. Then it was put on a 40 foot flatbed and shipped to St.Maarten.
Horribly expensive to ship, I seem to remember north of $5k. But we tend to forget about that because we just love the boat.

Cheers, Derek

Horizon Cat P'Burg by Derek Hodge, on Flickr

nicktulloh

I would have sailed it down for you for waaaaaaaaaaay less.

Bob23

I'd have beaten Nick's price by 10%! 

kickingbug1

derek, two words-----adopt me
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

rbh1515

Quote from: nicktulloh on December 23, 2015, 05:54:31 PM
I would have sailed it down for you for waaaaaaaaaaay less.

Can't sail the trailer down unfortunately!
Rob
2015 Horizon Day Cat, Waters End

nicktulloh

Quote from: rbh1515 on December 24, 2015, 11:18:10 AM
Can't sail the trailer down unfortunately!
Rob

Would have lashed it to the deck. No problem.

Bob23

Kickingbug and I are twins separated at birth. Adopt one and get the second free! Such a deal!!!

Tim Gardner

Yeah, Like Mutt & Jeff!

Tee Hee, TG
Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.

Bob23

Didja hear that, Kick? He called you Mutt.

Tim Gardner

Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.

Bob23

Awww. Somehow I knew that but I was hoping against hope...no problem Tim. I forgive easily and to prove there are no hard feelings, I'll even buy your first PBR at CBMWG!!! 

Tim Gardner

I'm one of those scalawag's that happens to like ANY kind of beer.  PBR is okay for me...
TG